• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know all of us forget Randy Lerner has built up a massive sports franchise in the US.

I really cannot seeing the guy allowing civil war to break out over his choice of a new manager. What would be the point?!!

Is Randy Lerner capable of playing the media at their own game by allowing all these press rumours to take the flack

on the ranges , whilst secretly negotiating a peace deal in the bunkers?

Here's a question:

If AMcL gets the job and you're one of the (seemingly) thousands who swear they'll never spend a pound at the club until he's gone, will you be in the queue for tickets if he gets us to Wembley?

Be honest...

No quite simply, get the blues to wembley and look what happened to them. If we appointed him i cant see myself even following villa id be genuinely disgusted by it. Ill always be a villa fan but i couldnt follow the club whilst it was managed by mcleish.

Genuinely disgusted? Couldn't follow Villa whilst he is appointed? Come on, this is just over the top. If he comes in and is reasonably successful, your little protest would grind to a halt wouldn't it?

I'm not saying I want him, but if he is appointed I'm sure we'll all get over it if he does ok. The OTT reactions are frankly a little childish.

Ben Smith from The Times

Have seen the email #AVFC sent to #BCFC. Explosive stuff from both sides but what is clear is Villa want McLeish.

I'm feeling sick.

Blimey, you and me both!

I think I may actually cry if mc-boring gets made our manager. I thought it couldnt get worse than benitez and mcclown.

Surely the board would not do this to us, hes an awful awful manager. Shite boring football that doesnt work in the Prem, he might do well to bring us back in 2013 though :cry:

I take it Randy has gone back to Corsica today to chat with McLeish?

Is it confirmed that the plane went to Corsica?

Maybe RL has gone to visit his good friend GH as he continues his convalescence in Corsica?

Or maybe it's gone out to pick up RL, who may have been dropped there last time the jet visited the island?

Or maybe we should all just blindly panic based on the stronger than oak word of Sky Sports News?

I don't understand why the media focus is on the ex-blues connection.

My sole concern is that he's a terrible, terrible manager.

Same.

I'd be far less worried about the ex-Blues thing (not that I like it) than I would be over the fact he plays absolutely dire football (generally I don't care about the 'oh his football's crap' argument but in McLeish's case it really is terrible, 10 men behind the ball every match whistle to whistle) and seems quite good at relegating sides.

Hiring Alex McLeish would be a travesty, a real decline in expectations and such a letdown.

You know exactly what you get from him... he has no potential to evolve or show a few tricks

up his sleeve. He is just plain dull, and he has relegated twice the last few seasons? What track record is that!?

So he won a Carling Cup, but we all know that is mostly down to luck and teams underperforming against them.

If this is the sole person best equipped in the world to take over a club such as ours, then I would have to say

that I don't think our board know what the hell they are doing. And Charles Krulak coming on here talking about

war strategies gets as worthless as his role in the Villa board itself.

Tactics is actually an important word here as well.

Imagine the board leaking false stories to hike up the general perception of Hughes/Martinez.

What is quite obvious right now is that I would have kept Houllier with open arms. And I would have loved to have Mark Hughes on board, Martinez too!