• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

and while we are at it, the fact he insisted on such a clause does not scream loyalty

Yes cos MON signed up to a long contract too didnt he

That didnt seem to bother RL

Maybe that is why it bothers him now...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bickster, what is your take on the Moyes situation?

He's my choice for sure and I still think it's possible, never believed the press conference thing today. IMO I think we're waiting for which ever club we're getting a manager from to get a replacement lined up.

I also think the McGinger link is hilarious and a dream gift for the board to carry on their work whilst the Villa world debates the merits of someone we were never going in for in a million years.

If it's Everton, that may well be Hughes (ex-player) or McGinger (freshly resigned and much cheaper option)

Am I correct in assuming that the only real devopment today is that Randy is back in the UK ?

Aircraft arrived from the US this morning into another UK airport and then came to BHX, from where it has departed in the last 5 minutes.

On that subject, with the fact that you cannot get decent odds on anyone at the moment, and the fact that a lot of shit appears to be being thrown at our football club, I am going to leave off from posting arrival points etc.

If something comes up that points to a particular individual, and an opportunity to relieve the bookies of some money, then I'll put it out.

Here's where I think we're at: The new manager will probably be Hughes, there's a possibility that it could be Moyes or Coyle. The only other option would be a promising young manager appointment like Poyet or Lambert. And to be as positive as I can be, there are 5 men who I personally would be happy to see at Villa and all sensible appointments with logical reasoning behind why we'd go for them.

My trust is wearing thin but I just don't believe that McLeish was ever a possibility.

I have a feeling it is going to be Hughes.

I don't buy into the rumours Randy was put off because he quit Fulham, and where did that come from anyway? Someone from twitter no doubt, and everyone has run with it because of RL's well publicised way of doing business. My understanding is he (Hughes) only had a 1 year contract that runs out at the end of the month and chose not to renew it.

My bet is Hughes is a done deal and is drawing up a list of transfers as we speak, ready for a splurge on 2nd July.

If this week goes without any action (or Moyes being taken out of the running) I think it'll be a long wait until we do employ Hughes.

However, there is this constant chat about Hughes/Hiddink being the Chelsea team, which is possible in my eyes.

The General has said on villatalk "the new manager would be announced in the next week or two" that was 2 days ago, add 14 days to 11and you get the 25th June at the latest. If we can't announce Hughes until the 1st July then it cant be him.

Yeah but "a week or 2" is a pretty vague way of describing it & it would take us to within a few days so one more delaying comment at that point (Saturday 25th June) along the lines of "We should be hearing something by Friday this week" & thats all it would take! Friday being the 1st of July of course!

For those who have not read the Generals post! here it is.

General Krulak here:

1. As everyone can see, I have kept a low profile over the past week...because there are times when it is just best to let things play out. A week or so ago some Fans and the Press were going crazy over what was going to happen re. GH. At that time I tried to make it clear that The Club was NOT going to conduct business in the media....that it wasn't fair to GH nor was it fair to the Club. We all acted in a professional manner and business was taken care of. Now we have the old complaint of "dithering"...as if choosing and obtaining a Manager was a simple as going to M&S and ordering up a Balti Pie. I am not sure where our "expert Fans" get their information on how to go about picking a Manager in a week...but I would sure like to know. A great many things go into the equation....advice from people in the "business", discussions with agents and people with access, research on everything from record of success (history) to connectivity with the players in the dressing room to effective use of personnel to compatability with Owner and people at the Club, to many, many, other things. To some fans it seems like just a simple act....and more importantly, a "signal" about something called "ambition." As if one Manager sends a bigger "ambition" signal than another....forget about whether that Manager "fits" with the Club. I have said it once and I will say it again...we will NOT conduct business in the media...we will NOT react to the nonsense that is printed in the media...and we will NOT seek a Manager who simply gets a thumbs-up from the Fans. We will get the very best man for the job...in our opinion and in the opinion of those who assist in the decision process. Once we get our man, we will give him all the support he needs. Randy has NEVER failed to support his Manager. I know it is a waste of my time to ask for patience and calmness over the next week or two...BUT, be patient...it will get done.

From that i would discount Hughes, I also think above all Randy needs to find a new sponsor first, as i understand FXPRO are no longer our sponsors, next come's next seasons home/away kit and then we can sort out the new manager and possible transfers before the 1st July when pre-season training begins and players return from there summer break.

Am I correct in assuming that the only real devopment today is that Randy is back in the UK ?

Aircraft arrived from the US this morning into another UK airport and then came to BHX, from where it has departed in the last 5 minutes.

On that subject, with the fact that you cannot get decent odds on anyone at the moment, and the fact that a lot of shit appears to be being thrown at our football club, I am going to leave off from posting arrival points etc.

If something comes up that points to a particular individual, and an opportunity to relieve the bookies of some money, then I'll put it out.

How about some PM's instead of posting it then :D

He's gone to Corsica to give McLeish a lift lol!

He's gone to Corsica to give McLeish a lift lol!

:!:

Bickster, what is your take on the Moyes situation?

He's my choice for sure and I still think it's possible, never believed the press conference thing today. IMO I think we're waiting for which ever club we're getting a manager from to get a replacement lined up.

I also think the McGinger link is hilarious and a dream gift for the board to carry on their work whilst the Villa world debates the merits of someone we were never going in for in a million years.

If it's Everton, that may well be Hughes (ex-player) or McGinger (freshly resigned and much cheaper option)

Ta, fingers crossed.

Add in the fact that RL wasn't all that keen on Hughes last year, it was simply the media saying "Pity Hughes joined Fulham, if he was still unemployed he'd probably be on the Villa radar".

There is another rumour that MoN became aware of our interest in Hughes, told Randy he was staying, then walked after Hughes took the Fulham job.....

Only rumours though :winkold:

Except that MON was fired......

I don't get it, why would Randy fly out to the US on Friday, come back to the UK on the Monday and land at some other airport, then go to BHX and then leave again?

I wouldn't be surprised if everything's already in place and Randy's just flying around reading these forums and laughing his head off. :lol:

I don't get it, why would Randy fly out to the US on Friday, come back to the UK on the Monday and land at some other airport, then go to BHX and then leave again?

I wouldn't be surprised if everything's already in place and Randy's just flying around reading these forums and laughing his head off. :lol:

Who said Mr Lerner was on board when it left?