• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

For me one of the best parts of Moyes coming to Villa will be the reaction of the Everton fans, especially as many of them believe this shiite about RM rejecting us, it will be class winding them up.

However researching DM a bit further I'm not entirely sure he's all that. His European expeditions have all ended in disaster, Everton are a very dirty team and their style of play whilst not as bad as MON is by no means Barca-esque. I'd have definitely taken Rafa over him.

I still think however he could get us into the top 4, he's done it before when the old top 4 had a real stronghold and one thing that has always struck me is when Everton get going they go on alarmingly good streaks. I'd rate him a few good few notches above MON especially in the transfer market.

Top 4/5 would not be unrealistic under Moyes imo, however I will still remain skeptical about him in Europe. We should take this into consideration.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£7m compensation for Moyes is not worth it.

Better to get Hughes for free in July.

Good investment I'd say, seen as he has managed to finish above us most of the time, while spending a small franction of the ammount of money we ahve.

I don't think Moyes is £7m better than Hughes.

£7m is too much to pay for a manager when you could get Hughes for free.

You can then use that £7m to spend on a player or player wages.

I'd say he is miles above Hughes in management and as a person. Moyes is a loyal guy, he has been at Everton for 9 years. Hughes struggles to last more than a season at a club, no thanks!

This.

7 million well spent and cheap at twice the price.

Of all the tweets that intrigues me at all forgetting all the supposed ITKs it's the producer from Talksport, because Adrian Durham & Co

have been slating us for days for not doing anything.

He's apparently according to his profile "Producer at talkSPORT Radio Station and Arsenal season ticket holder. Also write a few football articles when I've got the time"

He was spot on with Martinez yesterday and he's been tweeting about Moyes for a few hours....

JamesDoddTS

Very Interesting news 'potentially' coming out for #Villa fans tomorrow. You could be a very happy bunch if you like Ginger Scots...#AVFC

For me one of the best parts of Moyes coming to Villa will be the reaction of the Everton fans, especially as many of them believe this shiite about RM rejecting us, it will be class winding them up.

However researching DM a bit further I'm not entirely sure he's all that. His European expeditions have all ended in disaster, Everton are a very dirty team and their style of play whilst not as bad as MON is by no means Barca-esque. I'd have definitely taken Rafa over him.

I still think however he could get us into the top 4, he's done it before when the old top 4 had a real stronghold and one thing that has always struck me is when Everton get going they go on alarmingly good streaks. I'd rate him a few notches above MON especially in the transfer market.

The best part of Moyes coming would be that he's a good manager. I couldn't give two **** shits what people in Merseyside think about us, Martinez, or what Lerner's cat eats. I certainly don't think the best part of Moyes coming to us would be to gloat over fans that support a team pretty much on an equal playing ground with us.

Would love moyes but just can't see it happening.

I've given randy some stick but I do believe he would have tried to get top managers like ancellotti and do believe he would try his best to get moyes.

I'm just not confident we can persuade a manager like that to join us.

Good investment I'd say, seen as he has managed to finish above us most of the time, while spending a small franction of the ammount of money we ahve.

£7 million is a lot.

But I disagree

I do rate Hughes (unlike quite a few on here) and would be happy if we appointed him as manager but i do think Moyes is a better manager. If its possible and we had to spend a bit getting him here that wouldn't worry me - tho yeh that figure is a lot.

Its hypothetical tho....

Unless something pops up on BBC site or official site i will take ANY Moyes speculation with a pinch of salt .

As I really cannot see him leaving Everton. He practically has become Everton.

Am I the only one that thinks by next week this will have gone full circle and the press will be back to linking Ancelotti with the job, then McClaren etc etc?

I'm a believer! Carlos is our man and has been for a while, the rest like they all say is a smokescreen. Nothing will happen over the weekend and maybe not till the end of next week(i honestly thought it would be today as mentioned on previous posts), finalizing personal terms, finding a suitable property close too VP and sorting out "personal issues" all take time. I reckon he is still our main target, let's just hope Randy has 20/20 vision.

I must admit it's not looking very likely at all but you never know. Still, why would there be a need for smokescreens when he's unemployed anyway?

Why not! we all now that Randy and the board will explore all possible avenues, we have made such a hype about it on here that CA was what we all wanted (or at least most of us) last week, now we just resign to "He said no!" He never said NO and has not as far as i'm concerned said No to VILLA, He simply said he has been mangering since 1995 and would consider a break to study! What better place to study than at Villa Park, He may be asking a lot from the Board and Randy in way of a Transfer budget, but other than that i still think he's a great possibility and a far better candidate.

On the lighter side: How many people have been out for a pint tonight? took the dog for a walk as normal at 10pm, walked into the local (village pub) and was greeted by no less than 9 customers and one sexy barmaid (shit, hope the wife isn't reading my posts on here) for a Friday night that is piss poor, Has anyone else encountered the same?

I'd say he is miles above Hughes in management and as a person. Moyes is a loyal guy, he has been at Everton for 9 years. Hughes struggles to last more than a season at a club, no thanks!

This.

7 million well spent and cheap at twice the price.

If Moyes is the man RL wants, then he has to get him whatever the cost.

The bottom line is if the rumours are true and Ancelotti was in our thoughts; then he would have cost Villa much much more.

And if RL holds Moyes in such high regard as we are led to believe, then I do not think the compensation will be a problem, as Lerner will believe it is just the beginning of a trusted investment.

On the lighter side: How many people have been out for a pint tonight? took the dog for a walk as normal at 10pm, walked into the local (village pub) and was greeted by no less than 9 customers and one sexy barmaid (shit, hope the wife isn't reading my posts on here) for a Friday night that is piss poor, Has anyone else encountered the same?

It would be great if Moyes wants to come here because it confirms two things about Randy - that he has ambition for the club and that he's going to continue spending some sizable amounts of money on players.

Moyes would never leave a club so similar to us if it wasn't for the fact that he feels he can realize his ambitions here and get some money to spend on players.

I still don't see it though.

If you're in Vancouver or BC like I am, the answer is obvious. Canucks game is on in an hour. ;-) Go Canucks Go!!!

If you're in Vancouver or BC like I am, the answer is obvious. Canucks game is on in an hour. ;-) Go Canucks Go!!!

In reply to Julie B, check out James Dodd's twitter account - not sure how to link it here but someone asks "Moyes for Villa?" and he replies "lunchtime tomorrow that might just happen!!"