• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Am I the only one that thinks by next week this will have gone full circle and the press will be back to linking Ancelotti with the job, then McClaren etc etc?

I'm a believer! Carlos is our man and has been for a while, the rest like they all say is a smokescreen. Nothing will happen over the weekend and maybe not till the end of next week(i honestly thought it would be today as mentioned on previous posts), finalizing personal terms, finding a suitable property close too VP and sorting out "personal issues" all take time. I reckon he is still our main target, let's just hope Randy has 20/20 vision.

I must admit it's not looking very likely at all but you never know. Still, why would there be a need for smokescreens when he's unemployed anyway?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the situation is Moyes hasn't said NO but it's EFC that's the stumbling block....

then I'm afraid I am not at all confident we'll be getting him, because from what I gather that was very much the situation

before GH came to Villa.

was the issue more of Moyes not wanting to leave EFC on verge of season and Randy not wanting to pay £10m for him. I think now he would leave as Everton have time to replace him effectively and there is no prospect of outside investment in everton anytime soon. On the second one, i think Randy is aware to get his man he needs to pay whatever it costs.

If Randy wants him and Moyes is keen (which is where im not confident) then i think we'll get him.

From the titbits I know concerning Mr Moyes it wasn't JUST about money... Moyes said Yes at the beginning of the season.... but only if EFC reached agreement with Villa. They didn't, they just said NO, Go Away...... Moyes would not walk out and RL admires that loyalty he showed the club.

Kenwright worships the ground DM walks on so I'm told by Toffees...he'll fight tooth and nail to keep him, which is why although I am pretty certain Moyes has and remains RL's No 1 target, I think it's not necessarily going to happen.

Edit Add: Having said that my supposed ITK a few days ago told me that RL was after AC big time and he thought he would get him.

As he told me months ago that Young was off to Man Utd practically done & dusted and he also told me quite some time ago that GH would be stepping down at the end of the season, even before his heart attack, I have no reason to doubt him.

great post

moyes is chosen £7m compensation

Oh dear - some everton fans are getting very touchy.

Michael_Gippa Michael Gibson

If Aston Villa go for David Moyes, ill be absolutely livid!!!

@Kayne_Forshaw

Kayne Forshaw

@Michael_Gippa mate I literally dispise there club & there fans omg.

@liamg1878

Liam G

Aston Villa get a grip. Y would Moyes want 2 join u when he'll be forced 2 sell 2 buy there as well. He is already at the bigger club #Moyes

Oh dear. Boo who!!!! Poor everton fans.

If moyes comes here, we'll have to pay a hefty whack in compensation ( approx £7m if reports are true ). Everton are **** skint so they could probably do with the money for their own transfer budget, whilst at the same time they have a ready made replacement available for free in former player Mark Hughes.

Moyes would probably like a new challenge and Hughes would maybe welcome a move back to the northwest.

If only it was that simple !

What are these ITK's about Moyes?

He has been my one choice from the off, I don't want to, and I'm trying not to build my hopes up for disappointment!

Look through past few pages for quotes on villa_insider or look on twitter for villa_insider

What if? About 9/10 days ago Villa wrote to several clubs including Wigan & maybe Fulham asking quite properly for permission to speak to their under contract manager. Wigan- well we know what happened there. Fulham - Mark Hughes, trying to force the issue, invokes his release clause; upsetting Randy & embarrassing PF. And the others? What if?

£7m compensation for Moyes is not worth it.

Better to get Hughes for free in July.

Good investment I'd say, seen as he has managed to finish above us most of the time, while spending a small franction of the ammount of money we ahve.

What are these ITK's about Moyes?

He has been my one choice from the off, I don't want to, and I'm trying not to build my hopes up for disappointment!

Look through past few pages for quotes on villa_insider or look on twitter for villa_insider

Speculation then?

Or is this villa_insider realy ITK?

Good investment I'd say, seen as he has managed to finish above us most of the time, while spending a small franction of the ammount of money we ahve.

I don't think Moyes is £7m better than Hughes.

£7m is too much to pay for a manager when you could get Hughes for free.

You can then use that £7m to spend on a player or player wages.

I don't think Moyes is £7m better than Hughes.

£7m is too much to pay for a manager when you could get Hughes for free.

You can then use that £7m to spend on a player or player wages.

I'd say he is miles above Hughes in management and as a person. Moyes is a loyal guy, he has been at Everton for 9 years. Hughes struggles to last more than a season at a club, no thanks!