• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

John Gregory, then. PL experience, Villa legend, fans love him, players love him....

We brought back GT again, why not JG?

He's out of work, and he'd jump at the chance to return. Good vibes all 'round

I think people liked JG so much because he stood upto DE so well. Put him in as manager at Villa now and I don't think he will be loved quite so much, or do quite so well... the game has moved on a lot since those days and he struggled with the big names.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports suggest Lerner has left for the US.

a couple of days ago as far as I can see

Hopefully going to the beach lol!

Wish there was a State-side version of thetrees who could spot if RL was meeting up with Klinsmann out here in California ... (now lets wait to see if bookies run around changing odds for Jurgen. Gotta keep those bastards on their toes!) Seriously, folks are tweeting about tomorrow being a big day or posible announcement and it may very well be that Randy is not in country? If there's an unveiling then he's one slick dude that Mr. Lerner.

Maybe Randy flew to the US and Moyes flew to meet him from Barbados, would be easier to do that than to fly to the UK for a meeting.

Yep, or perhaps they got together at the Oistins fish fry last evening as an incognito venue.

After all the press are camped out at Sandy Lane 365 days a year.....

...or perhaps not.

No chance of someone being appointed today more like next week!

True, but... If they do have their man, who ever in the hell that may be, it would serve the media right to call a press conference on the weekend like say Saturday night with Randy present to take questions which would mean all those fat ass no nothings would have to make a little visit.

Maybe Randy flew to the US and Moyes flew to meet him from Barbados, would be easier to do that than to fly to the UK for a meeting.

Yep, or perhaps they got together at the Oistins fish fry last evening as an incognito venue.

...or perhaps not.

Rooney was in Holetown last night so it seems :-)

I do appreciate that from the outside, Villa look slightly less attractive with Young, Friedel gone and some faily hefty work to do.

I disagree. Any manager coming in is looking to build, but first some dismantling has to be done. Much of that was already done by Gerard Houllier, so a new manager only needs to get rid of Warnock and Dunne, he inherits some excellent young players, the best English striker, and a going nowhere Stewart Downing, who won't throw his dummy out of the pram like some players do.

The press may not have you believe it, but there are plenty of decent managers out there who are looking longingly at this job, including a probably regretful Roberto Martinez.

I think that it is looking increasingly set up for Sven.

They don't exactly apear to be forming an orderly queue though do they mate (see the bit I've underlined).

Some good youngsters to build a squad around, Clark, Albrighton, Gardner, Delph, yes absolutely, totally agree with you on that score. I hope that NRC, Friedel and Young are easily replaced. Other than Bent, Downing, the players mentioned above, the rest can go. We need a huge rebuild. I hope Randy gives the new man plenty of cash because he'll need it. Unless we appoint the right man, I can see another season of struggle. This appointment is huge.

...or perhaps not.

Rooney was in Holetown last night so it seems :-)

Probably at 'The Cliff', a bloody nice upmarket burger joint ;-)

All this Bajan banter. Perhaps the only bloke in Barbados who will be offered the job is Garry Mac........ :winkold:

...or perhaps not.

Hmmm and here's me (reading the papers and listening to the press) thinking the club are in crisis but yet the CEO is in the US??

I'm sure something must be afoot else Randy would surely be in and around the club.