• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press will bash the shit out of us because we won't let slip with information about who we want. I am concerned though about Villa receiving yet more negative press after a tough season and I can't believe how much the club has slipped from can do no wrong, to being seen by some (knobs) as a club in disarray. I guess it's all down to who you listen to or what paper you read though. I really hope it's a case of he who laughs last (with a quality managerial appointment) and Randy gets them to eat their words. I'd love to get back to the days where we are viewed really positively and people take us seriously. I do not believe in everything I read or hear, most newspapers, and Talksport, are fecking useless, but I'd like an ambitious appointment to shut people up. Then bring in some quality players to kick start things. I do appreciate that from the outside, Villa look slightly less attractive with Young, Friedel gone and some faily hefty work to do.

I do appreciate that from the outside, Villa look slightly less attractive with Young, Friedel gone and some faily hefty work to do.

I disagree. Any manager coming in is looking to build, but first some dismantling has to be done. Much of that was already done by Gerard Houllier, so a new manager only needs to get rid of Warnock and Dunne, he inherits some excellent young players, the best English striker, and a going nowhere Stewart Downing, who won't throw his dummy out of the pram like some players do.

The press may not have you believe it, but there are plenty of decent managers out there who are looking longingly at this job, including a probably regretful Roberto Martinez.

I think that it is looking increasingly set up for Sven.

I do appreciate that from the outside, Villa look slightly less attractive with Young, Friedel gone and some faily hefty work to do.

I disagree. Any manager coming in is looking to build, but first some dismantling has to be done. Much of that was already done by Gerard Houllier, so a new manager only needs to get rid of Warnock and Dunne, he inherits some excellent young players, the best English striker, and a going nowhere Stewart Downing, who won't throw his dummy out of the pram like some players do.

The press may not have you believe it, but there are plenty of decent managers out there who are looking longingly at this job, including a probably regretful Roberto Martinez.

I think that it is looking increasingly set up for Sven.

You were going so well up until the last line matey :-)

Agree 100% about Villa profile within the game. The media, and TalkShite especially, hate us because we don't play their games

I hope who ever comes in is good enough, just so we as Aston Villa

can stick two fingers up at the press and stupid radio stations

who think they know everything.

John Gregory, then. PL experience, Villa legend, fans love him, players love him....

We brought back GT again, why not JG?

He's out of work, and he'd jump at the chance to return. Good vibes all 'round

Reports suggest Lerner has left for the US.

a couple of days ago as far as I can see

Hopefully going to the beach lol!

Yeah, the dude needs some sun, don't he? lol