• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I've taken the Steve campaign nationwide. Knew it would ruffle a few feathers but it had to be done.

Got your wish then, making us look like a bunch of idiots.

At least Redman isn't here advising us from a Bin Dipper perspective of who the next Villa manager should be.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just chatting to an Evertonian and he seems convinced we're still in debt, is this true? (on topic because i'm talking to him about Moyes).

Can't say I know much about our economic situation, but I assumed we were in debt by quite a bit of money so I wouldn't find that very surprising at all to be honest.

Hasn't Lerner loaned the money he invests in players instead of gifting it.

i thought there was some kind of easy answer/loop hole type thing that says yes we are in debt but debt that could quite easily go away any time randy wanted it to

anyone else had the joke - randy lerner just pulled up outside VP to see an old lady struggling across the road with her shopping, "can you manage?" he asked "**** off i dont want the job either" she said :lol:

and i can only assume SSN are making us out to be mugs in the same utter bullshit way talksport have been doing all day, seemingly there's lies damn lies and then bullshit about the villa

SSN are making us look like a right bunch of MUGS.

Sky Sports have showed themselves to be fools to be honest, the amount of stories they are trying to push through so that people put a bet on certain managers. So far this week they've pushed the McClaren, FSW and Martinez - with the constant talk about what the betting rate is.

It's all about getting money through Sky Bet. They don't have a clue what's happening.

I've taken the Steve campaign nationwide. Knew it would ruffle a few feathers but it had to be done.

At least Redman isn't here advising us from a Bin Dipper perspective of who the next Villa manager should be.

You assume because somebody disagrees with you they can't be a villa fan.

Go and check steves cv, he is by far the best candidate.

I dont get it, does the statement released by the club not show Dave Whelan is a lying turd? there was no interview, meeting or offer. The man was lapping up the attention and Talksport were getting moist taking it all in.

MICKY QUINN IS A clearing in the woods. I have heard nothing but him say we are arrogant fans, small time, small club, mid table etc. what a **** cretin.

Dave Whelan = Full of shit. So glad AVFC released a statement, i respect that. I wish others can just see whats in front of you. He rejected the chance to be INTERVIEWED!!! NOT TAKE THE JOB.

SSN are making us look like a right bunch of MUGS.

Don't worry about it. The only MUGS are SSN they've got absolutely nothing right about who our next manager will be.

They are just pissed off that we keep everything in house and that they get nothing to report.

Its there way of trying to piss us off in the hope of trying to strike up some sort of relationship.

You scratch our back and we'll scratch yours.

All bollocks and most sensible people will be able to see right through them

People really do get in a pickle over not a lot.

It's great that you didn't mind a shit season last year and it's great you don't mind the club looking foolish in the national press but some of us do.

Randy is not untouchable, I'm not going to let expectations slip just because I'm supposed to be extremely happy with everything randy does.

How the **** do we get a super injunction on this dude. Go **** a goat!

The whole thing appears very smoke and mirrors, perhaps I'm being naive or blindly optimistic but it seems like a very clever plan for some kind of bigger picture.

Think about it, how many people will be gobsmacked when we do appoint someone good media and fans of all kinds up and down the country. They might be laughing now but...

smoke and mirror rubbish..its just media..end of.

Villa have said 3 things.

1. were getting a manager

2. be patient

3 its not martinez

thats it. all the rest is us, media and Mystery Man...hahah whoever he is...

Lerner is the best chairman we ever had....O Neill was great until it turned sour...Houliier was a woory but was moving in the right direction. Lets not slag anybody off until we know who it is and then we can all have our say. Me I'd love Rijkaard and have said that from the start...will it be him...according to Mysterman No its Moyes...but for all we know it could be Kenny Dalglish or Barry Fry

As you were quoting my post I'll assume your referring to me slagging off the chairman? Not true. My post was intended positively.

And the media hype is largely created by the way Villa go about things...hence my smoke and mirrors theory.

Not you but everyone else on here who slag of RL....he's put his money on the table time and time again....its just all the people on here believing everypost and every twitter feed. Smoke and mirrors is just paper talk..

How many managers would you have on your shortlist.

I would have thought 3 or 4 at best, how long does it take to contact their clubs if employed and interview them - then make your decision.

so far we have been linked with Ancelotti and not spoke to him, McClaren and not spoke to him, Benitez who we may or may not have spoke to and then Martinez who hasnt spoke to us either.

Am I seeing a pattern emerge here.

Don't let your head inflate too much. 99.9% of the population nationwide is oblivious. They're out enjoying the early summer weather. They couldn't give a flying cack about vacant manager's posts or Schteve McClaren.

Yes, yes, very good.