• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Just chatting to an Evertonian and he seems convinced we're still in debt, is this true? (on topic because i'm talking to him about Moyes & how we have nothing to offer him in the way of signing players).

Yup AVFC are in debt, somewhere around £200 million I believe.

The debt is owed to "The Lerner Familly Trust Fund"

I wonder who sits on the board of that then?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've taken the Steve campaign nationwide. Knew it would ruffle a few feathers but it had to be done.

Got your wish then, making us look like a bunch of idiots.

At least Redman isn't here advising us from a Bin Dipper perspective of who the next Villa manager should be.

You assume because somebody disagrees with you they can't be a villa fan.

Go and check steves cv, he is by far the best candidate.

I agree that his exploits do seem impressive if you look at all the positives ONLY but lets not forget this is the same Steve McClaren that failed to qualify for Euro 2008 with England and if I recall, the same season he took Boro to the Uefa Cup final, he was booed continually by his own supporters and at one point had fans throwing season tickets at him.

There's a flip side to every coin.

I've taken the Steve campaign nationwide. Knew it would ruffle a few feathers but it had to be done.

Don't let your head inflate too much. 99.9% of the population nationwide is oblivious. They're out enjoying the early summer weather. They couldn't give a flying cack about vacant manager's posts or Schteve McClaren.

There's a lot of angry people on here. Look I am not joking around. Why are people like Martinez being considered when Steve isn't? He has won things everywhere he has gone apart from Wolfsburg where he didnt get time.

As for the Steve campaign, it's strong and it's growing.

It seems the general public are buying we were turned down by Martinez and praised how well Dave Whelan handled the situation with his strong relationship. No praises about our 'professionalism', but instead we've now labelled as a laughing stock and a nothing club.

Well done board. Why not keep us in the dark further and leave the media to embarass us some more. That's really gonna make the list of supposely good candidates take us seriously.

The way they've gone about this is all wrong to be honest. They haven't got a clue on how the football world works.

Just chatting to an Evertonian and he seems convinced we're still in debt, is this true? (on topic because i'm talking to him about Moyes & how we have nothing to offer him in the way of signing players).

Yup AVFC are in debt, somewhere around £200 million I believe.

The debt is owed to "The Lerner Familly Trust Fund"

I wonder who sits on the board of that then?

Doug :lol:

People really do get in a pickle over not a lot.

It's great that you didn't mind a shit season last year and it's great you don't mind the club looking foolish in the national press but some of us do.

Randy is not untouchable, I'm not going to let expectations slip just because I'm supposed to be extremely happy with everything randy does.

We don't look foolish at all. Even if we did, would it really matter if we got the managerial appointment right?

I wish people would start worrying about the managerial appointment and not what they think the press think of us.

Can people stop giving attention to the bluesnose moles like valhalla and trs-t, they are obviously going to stay and post their rubbish if you all quote them and get angry over it.

Because we have our own opinions about a manager instead of just agreeing with the crowd or more importantly you, we are bluenoses?

I've been going to villa for 20 years mate. Stop trying to ride the coat tails of my campaign.

I did mention PR gaffe earlier today but the penny didnt seem to drop with a few

Still who needs enemies when youve got friends like Whelan. Tosser gobshite, bet he smells of piss too

It's great that you didn't mind a shit season last year and it's great you don't mind the club looking foolish in the national press but some of us do.

Randy is not untouchable, I'm not going to let expectations slip just because I'm supposed to be extremely happy with everything randy does.

We don't look foolish at all. Even if we did, would it really matter if we got the managerial appointment right?

I wish people would start worrying about the managerial appointment and not what they think the press think of us.

Well said Mantis

The spewings of journos are irrelevant in the grander scheme of

Finding the best Manager for the VILLA - that's all thats important

I'm worrying about the appointment. We know martinez was high on our shortlist and we know martinez had no interest talking to us, that worries me and I worry how our public image at the moment will effect us in terms of attracting a manager.

very much this

let the press print as much bullshit as they want, they'll always spin it to make us look stupid but anyone with any sense will see it was SSN who looked stupid over the rafa claims and that its dave whelan who looks a prize prick now, **** the media they are pissed that they know nothing and are trying their hardest to turn us against the club dont fall for it

SSN are making us look like a right bunch of MUGS.

This is the same SSN who claimed yesterday that we "had interviewed Martinez and he had 24 hours to decide if he wanted to take the post of Villa Manager"

Who's the mugs now.

Seriously though, this is part of the problem with any rolling news outlet, they just have to keep coming up with new angles to keep people watching (which in turn attracts advertisers, etc etc.)