• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ridiculous how long it has taken them. This is not that complicated, you decide who you want,(should have been done when houllier fell Ill) if he is interested you interview him and either give him job or turn him down.

Repeat the process with next manager.

But if we cant appoint our main target until July the first?

Look, if we admitted it was Hughes, or showed any sign that it was him, then they could rightly assume we had approached him before he quit.

Might not be true, but thats how it would look to a lot of people, and Randy likes to keep the clubs name clean, hence Whelans kind comments yesterday.

So all you do, is carry as if your still searching, when in reality, the choice has been made.

Smoke and Mirrors! :winkold:

That's true, forgot about that July 1st thing. Would explain it.

Anyone who knows it will be Hughes is saying nothing or deflecting the issue so as not to pay any compensation and do things by the book. A new name is circulated every few days to keep time ticking and Hughes goes about his planning.

Moyes was 1st choice last season before GH was appointed manager, so this I know, I'm guessing he may well be again.

However the club surely would have back up plans.

Like the guy said yesterday, Whelan is no mug. He's spouted off to make himself look like the saviour of keeping RM at Wigan,

which lets fact it, he must have known.....just to cloud the issue when they sell some of their best players!

SSN have made right mugs of themselves over having to change tack over Benitez and then MCClaren....

I think the media are a little riled that there's no leaks!

Course just like Bent meltdown...whoever we get....they'll then say.... we've overspent, last ditch appointment... bla bla bla...

Villa will never win... so I just wouldn't bother trying to take them on. I say to the board just keep doing what you're doing and get the right man for the job quietly and professionally.

I really wonder why people get themselves in a lather about it all.

I find myself in agreement with BigJohn on this.

Why wait until Martinez made his statement to release our own.

Last night or first thing this morning we should have played Whelan at his own game

Mysteryman said they other day that Hughes will not be considered and hell would freeze over before we appoint him.

I really don't think it will be Hughes.

Mysteryman has been made to look like a total tool and a mug in this whole saga so I think it's safe to ignore anything he says. I still reckon it'll be Hughes on July 1st and this is all a smoke screen.

Fulham will seek some compo if we go in before July 1st, think we'll just wait 2 weeks, nothing stopping Hughes doing some prep work from home in the interim

Yes but that shouldn't worry us. We gave Houllier £5m last week

we would have had to pay compo for Martinez

Hughes has always been my first choice - but don't think his strong\aggressive nature would go down well with Faulkner who IMO seems a bit a weak.

We just need to get this crap over and done with now. I can't believe Fulham wouldn't just let us appoint Hughes now that they have a new manager.

However, I still think that RL will take one last look at the Moyes situation and Coyle will be linked v.soon too.

Can't access oddschecker at work but anyone know who the current favourite is?

I thought that about Hughes as well when Fulham appointed Jol, but if you think about it why would they let anyone have any of their rivals have any sort of advantage. If Hughes is still contracted to them until July then I'm sure Al Fayad wouldn't think twice about warning us to keep our mits off until then.

It's ridiculous how long it has taken them. This is not that complicated, you decide who you want,(should have been done when houllier fell Ill) if he is interested you interview him and either give him job or turn him down.

Repeat the process with next manager.

But if we cant appoint our main target until July the first?

Look, if we admitted it was Hughes, or showed any sign that it was him, then they could rightly assume we had approached him before he quit.

Might not be true, but thats how it would look to a lot of people, and Randy likes to keep the clubs name clean, hence Whelans kind comments yesterday.

So all you do, is carry as if your still searching, when in reality, the choice has been made.

Smoke and Mirrors! :winkold:

That's true, forgot about that July 1st thing. Would explain it.