• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It seems the general public are buying we were turned down by Martinez and praised how well Dave Whelan handled the situation with his strong relationship. No praises about our 'professionalism', but instead we've now labelled as a laughing stock and a nothing club.

Well done board. Why not keep us in the dark further and leave the media to embarass us some more. That's really gonna make the list of supposely good candidates take us seriously.

The way they've gone about this is all wrong to be honest. They haven't got a clue on how the football world works.

Professionally and quietly?

:?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People really do get in a pickle over not a lot.

It's great that you didn't mind a shit season last year and it's great you don't mind the club looking foolish in the national press but some of us do.

Randy is not untouchable, I'm not going to let expectations slip just because I'm supposed to be extremely happy with everything randy does.

I dont care, as i said its not that bigger deal.

We will have a new manager one that is appointed properly and in the correct manner.

I dont care how many Villa fans stamp their feet or get all upset with the rubbish SSN broadcast.

They certainly dont listen when the vast majority of football journalists think McClaren is a good club manager, only listen when its bad news or reported bad news.

Football fans know **** all about how to run a football club or how to appoint managers.

I wish people would start worrying about the managerial appointment and not what they think the press think of us.

I'm worrying about the appointment. We know martinez was high on our shortlist and we know martinez had no interest talking to us, that worries me and I worry how our public image at the moment will effect us in terms of attracting a manager.

You shouldn't John

Managers all know how this shit works and know the bollox the press print (and talk)

Those on the shortlist know they're on the list and it seems the sensible ones and the properly straight chairmen who've given permission to talk to them are keeping schtum - as it should be

Remember, we're talking about Randy Lerner here, not Redknob media whore

MICKY QUINN IS A clearing in the woods. I have heard nothing but him say we are arrogant fans, small time, small club, mid table etc. what a **** cretin.

Always has been since he played for the 6th best team in the midlands

let the press print as much bullshit as they want

The press didn't print that we wanted to interview Martinez and he had no interest.

Err no interest?

Where does it say that then?

See this is the exaggerated rubbish that people keep spouting.

Our statement said he knew at the start of the week, meaning it took him a week to have a think, then Whelan came out with the sob story yesterday.

All Lerners fault that i assume?

The media are totally anti villa but this whole being nice writing letters business to no mark managers is a PR disaster

So acting professionally is a PR disaster?

As many people have echoed - the media are 'anti villa' because we're not telling them the information, they are as in the dark as we are; and they don't like it.

i think dave whelan knew that RM was stayin put when he gave that interview yesterday

that way it looks like wigan rebuffed a bigger club than them and roberto also came out smelling of roses

well played by the wigan chairman

makes us look bad and i find it very irritating that sky sports are saying that martinez turned down the job

we only asked permission to speak with RM

he wasnt offered any job at villa

my hate for the media is really growing throughout this process

thay really just clutch at straws and take things form the air

as per sky and posters constantly referring to the betting markets..

the bookies go on the same information we go on

any talk on twitter or the like and the odds fall

this does not mean anything....

the fact is knowone has the blindest clue what is going on behind the scenes

randy does his business very privately and i for one am proud of this fact

it was dave whelan who blabbed his mouth,not avfc

the way some people are talkin on here and other forums we are in turmoil...NOT TRUE

chelsea havent appointed a coach,,are they in turmoil???

randy will find the right man,i have no doubt about it and i for one will support his choice no matter who it is,

young is gone,,we all knew that regardless of manager

downing could go but he is only a player,,he can be replaced,,good riddance if he doesnt want to stay

what matters now is for randy and the board to take there time and get the right man for the job..however long it takes

Instead of letting the press bash us we could respond. I mean why not tell us yesterday that we hadn't spoken to the Martinez while the media we're claiming he'd spoke to us and was turning us down?

In terms of transfers then yes it's best to keep quiet but when our image is being effected and the press are killing us, releasing information that helps fight our corner wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

Can people stop believing what they see on SSN. They speak utter drivel. They haven't got a clue. At one stage they were stating that Benitez was having talks with Villa, only at the same time to have McClaren as the favourite on the yellow ticker. They really haven't got a clue. Villa have dealt with this superbly. They are not rising to the bait from any media source. They are just going about their business in the right way and are committed to finding the right candidate to take Aston Villa forward. I have faith in Randy and i'm sure he is working around the clock to make sure that the future of Aston Villa is in safe hands with the right appointment. It is quite clear that the media are rattled that they know sweet fa about what is going on; so in turn, they are making it look like they know exactly what is going on. When, infact, they know jack shit!!

[...] this whole being nice writing letters business to no mark managers is a PR disaster

No it's not. It was the correct way to do things. It's the correct way to do things regardless of outcome, and regardless of whether or not other football clubs/owners would do the same. Randy Lerner is demonstrating how to do things ethically. Ultimately that will reflect well on him and the club he owns. Also, a guy who manages a Premier League club shouldn't really be called a 'no mark.'

Instead of letting the press bash us we could respond. I mean why not tell us yesterday that we hadn't spoken to the Martinez while the media we're claiming he'd spoke to us and was turning us down?

In terms of transfers then yes it's best to keep quiet but when our image is being effected and the press are killing us, releasing information that helps fight our corner wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

We have released a statement saying we didn't speak to Martinez, he was only a potential candidate. :?

just watching the Martinez interview on SSN and the chap was pushing him to say he's turne Villa down and said "i believe you had a conversation with Villa yestarday?" to which he replied "no no no" then carried on talking about Wigan, Martinez came out of it looking like a top bloke SSN came out of it looking like prize pricks as per usual.

Dave Whelan is the biggest tool in football and Wigan are a nothing club. I went to a game there against Millwall the season before they came up and there less than 6 thousand in the ground. Suddenly when they got promoted 12 thousand glory hunters crawled out of the woodwork

I hope we send them down next year so I can watch the price fixing little knob cry his eyes out and see a far more deserving club enter the Premier League