• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im totally baffled as to what his qualities were to be held in such high regard if I'm honest???

Christ on a bike!!!! Who makes these manger short lists at Villa Park. I agree with the bit that he is young but that is the only part I agree with

This is an odd situation. Yes, it's making it look a shambles in the press, but only because the board refuse to let a slip of information out on this, no matter what SSN are spouting. Telling them to do one is fine by me, I just think internet warriors (exluding the trolling of course) need to calm the **** down.

What a joke.. absolute joke.. cover it up all you like..but he rejected the job. We may have not offered, yet he rejected even wanting the chance to offer.. whether we offered it or not is relevant. A 37 year old Wigan Manager.. rejected the Aston Villa job.

Job will now go back to McLaren. What a farce this club has become. He is the only one desperate enough to come.

Meanwhile in other news.. we let our best player go for the third season running. Bye Ash. Ugh......

Heres the melt down.

Well done Aston Villa FC.

Or it shows his loyalty to Wigan - Whelan stood by him all season - the last two seasons - and gave him his chance in the prem. They have a close relationship and it would be a bit of a dick thing to do to abandon ship after all the support he has been given. He has just formed his own team at Wigan and is only 37. It's not unbelievable that him staying at Wigan has nothing to do with Villa at all.

So get off your high horse. Mysteryman on H&V said the meltdown specifically referred to Moyes but that he doesn't know what happened with that. Everton might have just said 'no' you can't talk to him. Whether it's not the most ruthless method or whatever it seems Villa are behaving with respect to other clubs. I don't mind that. I'd rather that than to support some soulless dickhead club. Still be nice to have a manager though.

He should not have been 'high' on our short list in the first place. He is not good enough for this club. He doesnt have enough experience to run a club of this magnitude.

I am disapointed in Randy and the Board as we should be aiming much higher. Whelan confirmed we had spoken to him yesterday, there were rumours everywhere that we were in talks. Villa is just covering up what has been an awful PR mess.

He is a loyal manager, all credit to him.. but none of this should have come out. Since Whelan let it out of the bag, we should have announced something sooner that we havent spoken to him.

Just a farce in my opinion.

I see the words "shambles" and "farce" have reared their ugly heads again but have people not stopped to think that none of this would be out in the open had it not been for loudmouth Dave Whelan?

I am disappointed that Martinez has chosen not to pursue our interest in him, but in this day of billy-big time bollocks premiership, it is so nice to see that football still has at least one man of total integrity.

Yeah, you've got to say fair play to him really.

Although it's good to get communication from the club, I'm not sure the official statement was the best idea really.......makes it look like Martinez was the number 1 option.

It REALLY doesn't.

"ensured him of a position high on our short list of potential new managers"

I see the words "shambles" and "farce" have reared their ugly heads again but have people not stopped to think that none of this would be out in the open had it not been for loudmouth Dave Whelan?

Whelan let Villa talk to Martinez. He could've said no and that would've been it, because Randy Lerner seems to like doing things in an honourable way.

Right that'sh it then. Time to bring in Shteve. I Jusht want this Shaga over and shdone with. Free Brolly's to everyshone on VT when he ish appointed. sh.

We should not have even bothered requesting speaking to him in the 1st place!!!!!!!

I do sometimes wonder what the percentage of Villa fans is on these boards with the amount of trolling.

Definintely and it seems to be getting worse.

:lol: let's keep kidding ourselves.

Martinez wasn't even interested in speaking to us, **** me!!

Bet the players are really looking forward to next season, bet downing has got his pen ready to sign a new deal.

We are looking a right shambles in the press.

Blame the press for that one. You do come across as someone who pays too much attention to what you read/hear in the press. Am I allowed to say that? No offence. Just because the media are doing their usual tripe doesn't mean the club are not going about this properly.

Can't have seen how Martinez would have been ahead of Coyle and Moyes, so I guessing a approach for those two where rejected by their clubs. I still we should give Rafa a chance to put his ideas forward.