• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here:

http://tinyurl.com/65ludsn

Roberto Martinez is STAYING at Wigan Athletic - after snubbing Aston Villa and a double-your-money contract.

The Spaniard pledged his future to delighted owner Dave Whelan in a summit meeting and left Villa managerless and in a major crisis.

Martinez thought long and hard over the move to a bigger club with better facilities but in the end he stayed loyal to Whelan - because he had stuck by him.

The young boss felt Whelan had been strong by his side during a hard season when he could have been sacked in the first few weeks after a nightmare start - and at other times in a difficult campaign.

Totally believeable due to the sufeit of quotes from the parties concerned.

I don't and won't believe he was actually offer the job until I see him talking directly to the camera and saying he was offered it and blanked it but somehow I don't expect that to happen

Martinez staying a Wigan (told you so

And that is from where?

total guesswork from the rumour mill.

See my post above

Stop posting bookie odds they mean jack shit.

There's been no official statement regarding RM and his odds have drifted. Why is that?

It doesn't require much to change odds... the rumour is that Martinez has rejected the job and as such all punters are putting money on other managers. When they do this, these other managers odds shorten and consequently Martinez drifts.... lesson 1 of gambling is over. :)

Who says Martinez turned us down? What if it's the other way around? I'm clutching at straws here but what if Randy has his plan A? His meltdown man?

Over to you Randy. Make us proud son.

MysteryMan over on H&V now saying that Meltdown Man was David Moyes.

Shame, I really really wanted Carlo :(

mayurbhanji Mayur Bhanji

How the mighty have fallen if Roberto Martinez would rather stay at Wigan than to move to Aston Villa. AV should be a good job.. Usually..

4 minutes ago in reply to ↑

@GregFarrimond

Greg Farrimond

@mayurbhanji Will be nothing to do with Villa. Just some loyalty in football at last.

3 minutes ago via web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is a **** joke! and all oniells fault !!!

why does no-one want to join us ???

A vocal minority of whingebag idiot fans making us look like the worst fans in the league?

Martinez staying a Wigan (told you so

And that is from where?

total guesswork from the rumour mill.

See my post above

i saw your post above.

i work for the Daily Mirror, and there is a 50% chance that the Daily Mirror is correct. which also means a 50% chance of it being incorrect.

its pure guesswork, if you get it right, you can say 'see the Mirror told you first', and if its wrong then you just ignore it & move onto the next story.

standard red top newspaper tactics.