• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's a good young manager. He has kept Wigan who have mostly shit players and no money and used to be a non-league team in the Premier League for years and he got Swansea into the Championship from no-where now they are in the PL. He's regarded as one of the hottest prospects around and they reckon he will take over from Ferguson at Yernited eventually...

It scares me how some people are trying to put a positive spin on Martinez being appointed. It shows how desperate we have become.

Who said he's being appointed? I'm kinda getting the vibe he turned us down out of loyalty to Wigan. Probably has a liking for pies or something.... hey maybe he'll buy Dunne as he can recommend all the good pie shops ;-)

Listening to what Martinez's Chairman has said, i dont think he will jion us, even if hes offered the job.

Seems to be a pretty close relationship there.

Dont ask me why, but im still thinking Mark Hughes.

I welcomed Houllier because I was fed up with the limited boring football that we were watching from a bunch of very highly played footballers. Whatever you think of Houllier he did try to make us play better football. I would welcome Martinez in anticipation of that technical improvement continuing. Players like Delph, Bannan, Gardner, Clark, and Albrighton are perfect for what RM will try and impement.

Apologies to everyone for my rants earlier :oops:

Especially to the Bluenose :winkold:

I sometimes react without thinking, and my love for this club sometimes manifest themselves in that way. Its Family. :(

Anyways....

I still dont think Martinez is what we need, and i think all we are doing is going though a list and see what they say, before making a final decision.

I have a feeling that decision has been made, but its only fair to interview the other candidates.

Fair play to you..i noticed you started one post with the word "if" then went on a rant, remember everything is just "if" until it is announced by the club ,the media know nothing, keep the faith mate!

I don't think Martinez is ready to manage a big club yet. If he'd steered Wigan to a couple of top 10 finishes, with maybe a good cup run - he'd be worth considering.

To put in perspective, he's not achieved as much as Curbishley did at Charlton - and I think we all feel the same way about Curbishley as Villa manager.

Funny you mentioned Curbs :lol:

The reporter for sky has said that he is a posibility :P

As McClaren has confirmed AVFC have made NO contact with him at all, then that just goes to show Pat "know it all" Murphy actually knows

very little of what's going on these days at VP.

Perhaps Radio 5 Live need to consider the facts before sticking him on as the voice of authority.

Talksport have also been spouting tosh also and if anyone wants to get their viewpoint over concerning the manager vacancy and fan power (or lack of it)

then please contact Catherine, one of the programme's researchers. I've just been texted her number if anyone wants it.

We want meltdown man!

Not sure if I want a meltdown man, but I surely do want a meltdown... Now that was some fun wasnt it...

Depends. Bad meltdowns are not fun (e.g. after Wolves) but the Bent one certainly was. :)

Apologies to everyone for my rants earlier :oops:

Especially to the Bluenose :winkold:

I sometimes react without thinking, and my love for this club sometimes manifest themselves in that way. Its Family. :(

Anyways....

I still dont think Martinez is what we need, and i think all we are doing is going though a list and see what they say, before making a final decision.

I have a feeling that decision has been made, but its only fair to interview the other candidates.

Fair play to you..i noticed you started one post with the word "if" then went on a rant, remember everything is just "if" until it is announced by the club ,the media know nothing, keep the faith mate!

You never loose faith, just your rag on occasion :oops :lol: :

Whomever the manager is, i will be still there, home and away 8)

Don't think Martinez would necessarily be a bad choice as Villa boss, but from what I've heard from his camp Villa will need to be VERY persuasive.

Tim, do you think he is one of a number we are interviewing? or is he our current 1st choice?

Also if he is speaking with us then he must hold a fair bit of interest?

Cheers

If its between Martinez and Coyle FFS what a depressing state of affairs

There are top managers available but Randy is making a massive statement, he'll take us the same way as The Browns