• Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Don't post on here often, but I read VT boards all

day.

I work at a bookies in Cannock and we have had two bets placed on Martinez in the past half hour. One cash bet of £5k from the owner of a sports bar and a telephone bet of £25k from a client who has connections with Mr Ellis.

I never post rumours and don't claim to be ITK, but those are large sums of money!!!

Interesting. Cheers for the goss

I'd personally be happy with Martinez! With a bigger budget and better players available, I think he would do a good job. (and if not.. he can just look at his cheeky smile and laugh it off!)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Pat Murphy, Benitez asked for a £30 million pound transfer budget, and if we seriously knocked him back because of that, bearing in mind that we'll probably get £16 Mil for Ashley Young, then the alarm bells are ringing.

No, If I was Lerner I would say F. Off too. A manager shoud be willing to join us no matter the budget. Evene though Lerner has 30mp to spend I would have said piss off to anyone having that as a demand for joing us. Right decision Lerner, if that is correct.

I think martinez is worth a go. Its seems we can't attract a top manager and Moyes doesn't want to leave everton. Of the rest hughes would be my pick but martinez seems like a nice man and his teams play decent football which is something everyone on here is crying out for. We are not going to break the top 4 without taking risks on players and perhaps on a manager too. We are too good to go down so we might aswell gamble and see where it takes us.

Don't forget Moyes came close to getting Everton relegated a few years back.

Don't forget Moyes came close to getting Everton into the Champions League a few years back.

I know. Just saying that eventhough Martinez struggled near the bottom he could be good. Moyes is a very good manager and I'd prefer him to Martinez but it doesn't look likely right now does it?

If we went back and appointed Moyes from Preston then everyone on here would be saying WTF is Randy doing.

That's a great point, and one I completely agree with. But just to be devil's advocate here, Moyes had a strong win % with Preston, 48% to be exact. Compared to Martinez's 26%. I don't like the numbers game either but let's be honest, we looked at Bent's and Carew goals to game ratio, so why not a managers record??

Martinez had a win percentage of 59% whilst at swansea

day.

I work at a bookies in Cannock and we have had two bets placed on Martinez in the past half hour. One cash bet of £5k from the owner of a sports bar and a telephone bet of £25k from a client who has connections with Mr Ellis.

I never post rumours and don't claim to be ITK, but those are large sums of money!!!

Interesting. Cheers for the goss

I'd personally be happy with Martinez! With a bigger budget and better players available, I think he would do a good job. (and if not.. he can just look at his cheeky smile and laugh it off!)

agree rob, its a risk, but is potentially a genius appointment

day.

At what price?, a £30k bet would surely have got the market suspended?

MM said thats not true about Benitez and cash, it didn't even get that far into a discussion with him.

He also said there was a Bent style meltdown coming, that's hardly true if we are talking about Martinez.

According to Pat Murphy: " I am so so bitter i don't get as much copy as i did under Doug, waa, waa, waa,"

the guy's a tit. See his article on bbc site re maclaren, as snide as you can get, asserting randy must have made his decision solely on fans and his great coaching acumen ( Steve Mc ) at domestic level has been foregone by RL because of one international spell, shoestreing budget etc...

basically completely reeked of an old journalist used to having his way with an egomaniac who would provide him with endless rubbish to write, but now he can't get a sniff he has the hump.

day.

I'd remove that comment :!:

Quote:

Name me the managers in this 'calibre thats out there'.

Rafa Benitez

His record is good but with the players he had and the money he spent I wouldnt say remarkable. He's an adopted bin dipper and I dont want anymore.

I think a lot of whats in the media is bullshit. When Kendrick tweeted about Martinez before it broke I think he knew it was going to break and just wanted to be the one to break it. I respect Randy because it seems like he has approached several managers, not just one. We haven't heard anything from any of them either. This is the first time something has broke because Whelan has laid the guilt trip on.

All this £30m nonsense for Rafa is bullshit. Randy knows he has to spend as we don't have a keeper, we are going to lose Young and we need to bring in some full backs asap! We have also lost Reo Coker who needs replacing too. We need to spend or whoever we bring in will struggle regardless of who they are as we need some key players!

We were meant to meet McLaren this afternoon according to some people, saying that Randy cancelled his meeting with him. Does that mean Martinez was last on his list of people to meet? NO! I just think thats the only one we know of at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if he had some more meetings lined up or if he has already sounded out someone big time but as every good business man does, explore every option and make an informed decision!

Even if it is Martinez I will be more then happy to give him a chance, every manager deserves a chance. They all got to start somewhere, I'm sure Arsenal fans were thinking WTF when they appointed Wenger, likewise with Moyes and Everton!

Who are these managers that will create a buzz (because thats so important in the long run) and how do you know that we didn't ask them?

Its stuff like this which is nonsense in my opinion.

You might as well say, well we didn't try and sign Kaka, we have no ambition and created no 'buzz'!

It's obvious who those managers are, and it was up to Randy to convince them to join us. He's failed to do that, and so it looks like we'll end up with Martinez.

He may do well with us, but equally he may not. It's a huge risk. He is the cheap option, and Randy's fingers are crossed that he is the answer. No evidence exists to suggest we will challenge for honours under him

1. No one had heard of Wenger before he joined Arsenal, and Fergie had only managed in Scotland before taking over at Utd.... Just because a manager isn't proven at the top it doesn't mean they are no good. RM should be given the opportunity to prove himself at a bigger club with a bigger budget.

2. Pat Murphy doesn't know what's going on inside VP, is close to MoN and has been bashing us since MoN left. I heard him on Radio 5 this morning and he was spewing cr@p.

Who are these managers that will create a buzz (because thats so important in the long run) and how do you know that we didn't ask them?

You might as well say, well we didn't try and sign Kaka, we have no ambition and created no 'buzz'!

It's obvious who those managers are, and it was up to Randy to convince them to join us. He's failed to do that, and so it looks like we'll end up with Martinez.

He may do well with us, but equally he may not. It's a huge risk. He is the cheap option, and Randy's fingers are crossed that he is the answer. No evidence exists to suggest we will challenge for honours under him

Immediately yes he won't challenge for honours. Maybe a decent cup run but in time he can build something. He is young and could be our manager for years to come. With Martinez the possibilities are endless lol

Immediately yes he won't challenge for honours. Maybe a decent cup run but in time he can build something. He is young and could be our manager for years to come. With Martinez the possibilities are endless lol

Theres also the possibility we could go down next season.