• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Statement tells me one thing, we aren't appointing anyone today. No point releasing a statement if we are going to hold a press conference in 6-8 hours time. Unless its another smoke screen lol

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement from Paul Faulkner on the OS

The Club is conscious of the keen interest in developments over the appointment of our new manager.

When the process has reached an appropriate point we can assure our fans that we will be clear and forthright.

We are focused right now on trying to secure the best candidate who will complement the Club's commitment to being true to our heritage, competitiveness and passionate fan base.

We will update fans again when the process is more advanced.

In other words we are no nearer to appointing a new manager.

Looks like we will be waiting a bit longer.

We should have moved hell and high water to make him realise that becoming manager of Villa was preferable to sitting on his arse for a year.

Is it though??

To a Villa fan, then yes, of course it is.

To Carlo Ancelotti?? Of course it aint!!

Like i said, hes just had a 5m payoff from Chelsea. What reason has he got to come here other than fans wanting him to???

As ive said before my brother works at the club in accounts. Do i trust him of course i do has he given me a name yes after much begging. It should hit SSN news this afternoon.

In all due respect, during your begging you would of promised not to say anything so saying "he works in accounts" drops him in shit if it were really true.

Jagman, is it Martinez?

They are just trying to appease the morons on Twitter who have been slagging the club for staying silent. That idiot from talksport (is it Villa Matt or something???) has been mouthing off like a buffoon saying the club needed to assure fans in someway or another - so what else can they say???

Damned if you do / damned if you don't!

Apparently we contacted him "more in hope than expectation". What does that say about our board's thrusting dynamism??

'Apparently', which means you dont know, so why speculate??

Speculation and discussion is what this thread is for.

Steve McClaren has categorically denied having any contact with Aston Villa over their vacant manager's job.

McClaren has been strongly linked with the Villa Park hot-seat, and reports suggested he was set for an interview with the club's American owner Randy Lerner.

But the former England chief's camp have reacted with fury at the speculation suggesting he was set to meet with Lerner, only for the interview opportunity to be withdrawn after a negative reaction from Villa fans.

Sources close to McClaren, told skysports.com: "There has been no contact whatsoever with Steve.

"He was not due to have an interview and has not spoken with Randy Lerner or anyone connected with Aston Villa.

"He is not saying he would not be interested, but there has been no contact whatsoever."

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is currently odds-on-favourite for the role after being given permission to talk to Villa.

source

Goes exactly with what MYSTERYMAN said, so I definitely believe him when he says that our next manager will cause a 'bent meltdown'

Top quality managers are going to want money to spend on players capable of us challenging for honors and a top 6 club realistically why the hell would ancellotti or even benitez for that matter want to come here

Were in the process of selling our best player to manure with our player of the season looking like he's heading for the exit door as well

People need to wake up and smell the coffee with us looking like were appointing Martinez its clear that Lerner is settling for us achieving a mid table position every season with the odd cup run thrown in were no longer going to challenge for a top 6 place that ship saled when MON left after he spent alot of money on useless players with rediculous wages who never got a game because he didnt rotate the squad enough

To be perfectly frank I hope Randy Lerner and the club are taking their time and carefully interviewing a few candidates and deciding who

will be most suited to manage AVFC.

Fulham had already decided on Martin Jol last year before his then present club put the stop on him going, plus there is a rush

in their case. We're not playing a competitive game until August are we?

Steve McClaren has categorically denied having any contact with Aston Villa over their vacant manager's job.

McClaren has been strongly linked with the Villa Park hot-seat, and reports suggested he was set for an interview with the club's American owner Randy Lerner.

But the former England chief's camp have reacted with fury at the speculation suggesting he was set to meet with Lerner, only for the interview opportunity to be withdrawn after a negative reaction from Villa fans.

Sources close to McClaren, told skysports.com: "There has been no contact whatsoever with Steve.

"He was not due to have an interview and has not spoken with Randy Lerner or anyone connected with Aston Villa.

"He is not saying he would not be interested, but there has been no contact whatsoever."

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is currently odds-on-favourite for the role after being given permission to talk to Villa.

source

Goes exactly with what MYSTERYMAN said, so I definitely believe him when he says that our next manager will cause a 'bent meltdown'

What, do you mean McClaren or Martinez will cause a 'Bent meltdown'? To me, one of the key components of the Bent meltdown is that we were all really excited. McClaren will do the opposite and I think many would be underwhelmed with Martinez.

Is that a hole in my screen? No, just an empty statement. There's more content in an amoeba.

Except that "We will update fans again when the process is more advanced" suggests that anyone assuming that it's Martinez could be well off the mark?

Of course. Today it's Martinez, yesterday it was Benitez, the day before that it was McLaren, before that it was Hughes. Just in the past 5 days we've had 4 managers who looked very close to taking over in the eyes of the press. Martinez story is no different. I'm sure we have spoken to him, as with a lot of people ,but I'd be surprised if we hear anything before the middle of next week.

Apparently we contacted him "more in hope than expectation". What does that say about our board's thrusting dynamism??

Speculation and discussion are what the thread is for. However speculation is not something to use to criticise Lerner and the club.

What, do you mean McClaren or Martinez will cause a 'Bent meltdown'? To me, one of the key components of the Bent meltdown is that we were all really excited. McClaren will do the opposite and I think many would be underwhelmed with Martinez.

No no, you got me wrong, I think it will be a big name manager not McClaren or Martinez :D

Yes but not criticise the club so unfairly concerning ambition.

People get frustrated because they have no idea what conversations have taken place , what has been said and by who.

If it is Martinez then so be it .

I have watched Wigan play better football than Villa many times.