• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

As ive said before my brother works at the club in accounts. Do i trust him of course i do has he given me a name yes after much begging. It should hit SSN news this afternoon.

My nan's the tea lady and she say you full of shit.

She's been snooping around Randy's desk too, it had a piece of paper on it that said this:

1. Ancelloti - told me to do one

2. Moyes - Chairman told me to do one

3. Mclaran - fans told me to do one

4. Rafa - I told him to do one

5. Martinez - Told me maybe meesta, maybe meesta.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ive said before my brother works at the club in accounts. Do i trust him of course i do has he given me a name yes after much begging. It should hit SSN news this afternoon.

If this is a bunch of crap, I will be pissed off Jagman. I really dont like being bullied around anymore...

Martinez would be a totally underwhelming appointment if it's him, given the calibre of manager that's available out there at the moment.

Is he the man to get us into the Champions League? Of course not.

He's a man who will agree to work with a limited budget. Martinez would just about sum up our limited ambition as a club, and we will lose our best players (again). The board had the chance to appoint a manager who could have created a real buzz of optimism around the whiole place and perhaps persuaded the better players that their future lay at VP.

Dperessing if it's true.

Name me the managers in this 'calibre thats out there'. Lets take Ancelotti as an example, we asked him and he said no. What more can they do?

There isn't a manager on the planet that would have stopped Young going to Man U.

Don't forget Moyes came close to getting Everton relegated a few years back.

Don't forget Moyes came close to getting Everton into the Champions League a few years back.

I know. Just saying that eventhough Martinez struggled near the bottom he could be good. Moyes is a very good manager and I'd prefer him to Martinez but it doesn't look likely right now does it?

If we went back and appointed Moyes from Preston then everyone on here would be saying WTF is Randy doing.

That's a great point, and one I completely agree with. But just to be devil's advocate here, Moyes had a strong win % with Preston, 48% to be exact. Compared to Martinez's 26%. I don't like the numbers game either but let's be honest, we looked at Bent's and Carew goals to game ratio, so why not a managers record??

Randy, show some fcuking ambition or i, and thousands like me will also be doimng a sabatical away from Villa Park.

WE ARE FIRMLY BACK TO THE DAYS OF UNCLE DOUG, AND YOU CAN STICK IT :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

ta'ra then.

Villa till I die

Yeah, was gonna say

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out!!

My nan's the tea lady and she say you full of shit.

She's been snooping around Randy's desk too, it had a piece of paper on it that said this:

1. Ancelloti - told me to do one

2. Moyes - Chairman told me to do one

3. Mclaran - fans told me to do one

4. Rafa - I told him to do one

5. Martinez - Told me maybe meesta, maybe meesta.

Ok so im full of shit thanks for that.

Ok so im full of shit thanks for that.

If you are not full of shit, then feel free to explain a bit more... Like that people pass on info that they actually recieve, but to make up things, now that is just rude...

His win ratio at wigan is 25% that is fecking awful.

Not for Wigan it's not .

I like him, I think he's a good young manager and exactly what we need. I'll be happy if he's appointed.

Me too! I didn´t realise he is only 37 years old!

In all seriousness can you name a member of the Wigan first choice back four that would be first choice at any other prem team?
Figueroa, here. So yes, I can. :thumb:
One wonder goal then a lot of very shit performances followed. No thanks.

Ah yes, I forgot about the abundance of better options we have at left ba... oh.

Name me the managers in this 'calibre thats out there'.

Rafa Benitez

Valencia

La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

FA Cup (1): 2005–06

FA Community Shield (1): 2006

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Individual awards

Don Balón Award (1): 2001–02

UEFA Manager of the Year(2): 2003–04, 2004–05

FA Premier League Manager of the Month (5): November 2005, December 2005, January 2007, October 2008, March 2009

Don't post on here often, but I read VT boards all

day.

I work at a bookies in Cannock and we have had two bets placed on Martinez in the past half hour. One cash bet of £5k from the owner of a sports bar and a telephone bet of £25k from a client who has connections with Mr Ellis.

I never post rumours and don't claim to be ITK, but those are large sums of money!!!

Why Moyes?

Because if he's appointed, I win £250 !!!!

I want someone who can carry on with the change in style. Someone who can change our philosphy. To be calm in possession, look for the pass and not always rely on hitting channels and getting the ball forward as quickly as possible. I believe that person is Rijkaard/Poyet.

Same here. I'd personally rather have an unproven-in-the-Prem manager like Poyet/ Rijkaard/ someone else from abroad who is making waves, than have someone who will just cement us in the Top 8. I'd like us to take a risk.

@dmdavies

David Davies

Lerner is speaking to Martinez right this minute. Press conference being arranged for the Peter Withe suite at 4.30 this PM. #AVFC

2 minutes ago via Twitter for Mac

Great, any cooment to thos Jagman?

According to Pat Murphy, Benitez asked for a £30 million pound transfer budget, and if we seriously knocked him back because of that, bearing in mind that we'll probably get £16 Mil for Ashley Young, then the alarm bells are ringing.

I really don't want Martinez, I just think it's the cheap option, especially when you consider his record in the Premier League. Our Achilles Heel last season was our defence shipping too many goals, and I'm afraid it will be more of the same next season if Martinez is appointed. Yeah, he likes to play football the "right way", but so did Tony Mowbray. Also, I think he needs to be cutting his teeth a bit more with the likes of Wigan, Bolton, etc in order to prove himself capable for a job like Villa, and in my opinion, he hasn't proved himself capable of anything other than fighting against relegation from the Top Flight, and getting promoted from League One to the Championship. We should, and could be setting our sights higher.

The good thing is, I personally think there are a few other names in the hat and it's not quite clear cut as to who will end up taking on the claret and blue stewardship.

If appointed I'd get him behind him of course, like I get behind the team on a match day, but we need to be aiming for someone who has proved themselves to have ability, not just potential.

Out of a straight choice between Coyle and Martinez, I go for Coyle, impressed me at Burnley with the style of football with the resources he had and the same at Bolton. Once he left Burnley, they went into freefall, the same with happen with Bolton. He took Sturrigde and Wiltshire on loan, so has a eye for a talent and seem to organise his team well and plays attractive football, the thing that impressed me most was his teams never say dies attitude, the amount of late goals Bolton scored last season was amazing.