• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

faulkner is a **** idiot and HE is the one ruining our club word removed !!

Slightly OT but,

Whilst i think this is very harsh, i cant help but think what credentials has Faulkner got to be making these sort of decisions at Aston Villa?? Who is he and where did he come from??

Not having a go at Faulkner or the board or anybody really, just wondering how this bloke got the job?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve McClaren has categorically denied having any contact with Aston Villa over their vacant manager's job.

McClaren has been strongly linked with the Villa Park hot-seat, and reports suggested he was set for an interview with the club's American owner Randy Lerner.

But the former England chief's camp have reacted with fury at the speculation suggesting he was set to meet with Lerner, only for the interview opportunity to be withdrawn after a negative reaction from Villa fans.

Sources close to McClaren, told skysports.com: "There has been no contact whatsoever with Steve.

"He was not due to have an interview and has not spoken with Randy Lerner or anyone connected with Aston Villa.

"He is not saying he would not be interested, but there has been no contact whatsoever."

Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is currently odds-on-favourite for the role after being given permission to talk to Villa.

source

Goes exactly with what MYSTERYMAN said, so I definitely believe him when he says that our next manager will cause a 'bent meltdown'

I think you are going to be mightily disappointed then.

What, do you mean McClaren or Martinez will cause a 'Bent meltdown'? To me, one of the key components of the Bent meltdown is that we were all really excited. McClaren will do the opposite and I think many would be underwhelmed with Martinez.

No no, you got me wrong, I think it will be a big name manager not McClaren or Martinez :D

I can't say I share your optimism. Surely it's gotta be Martinez now? We contacted them.

People get frustrated because they have no idea what conversations have taken place , what has been said and by who.

If it is Martinez then so be it .

I have watched Wigan play better football than Villa many times.

You're not far off there. If its Martinez, good luck to him.

Goes exactly with what MYSTERYMAN said, so I definitely believe him when he says that our next manager will cause a 'bent meltdown'

I didn't think MM said that..... I thought he said he had a feeling that the next manager may cause a meltdown

People get frustrated because they have no idea what conversations have taken place , what has been said and by who.

If it is Martinez then so be it .

I have watched Wigan play better football than Villa many times.

I have also seen them concede goals like nobody's business just the kind of manager you need when our current defenders cant even defend basic set pieces and make schoolboy errors all the time if he is coming in we will definetely need a defensive coach in some capacity

Martinez is another one who strikes me as a pretty up-front and loyal sort of bloke. I'd imagine it would be quite a wrench for him to turn his back on a safe little number like Wigan.

Next?

I didn't think MM said that..... I thought he said he had a feeling that the next manager may cause a meltdown

I swear he mentioned Bent as well.

Top quality managers are going to want money to spend on players capable of us challenging for honors and a top 6 club realistically why the hell would ancellotti or even benitez for that matter want to come here

Were in the process of selling our best player to manure with our player of the season looking like he's heading for the exit door as well

People need to wake up and smell the coffee with us looking like were appointing Martinez its clear that Lerner is settling for us achieving a mid table position every season with the odd cup run thrown in were no longer going to challenge for a top 6 place that ship saled when MON left after he spent alot of money on useless players with rediculous wages who never got a game because he didnt rotate the squad enough

I wouldn't bank on Mid Table TBH

I swear he mentioned Bent as well.

He did.

He meant a meltdown on the scale that Bent caused ie. WTF? :shock: :hooray: kind of reactions.

Speculation and discussion are what the thread is for. However speculation is not something to use to criticise Lerner and the club.

Why not?

My point is that IF it turns out to be Martinez it will be hugely disappointing given the calibre of manager in the market for a job at the moment.

IF that happens, then in my opinion it will be fairly obvious that Randy has downsized his ambition for Aston Villa and wants a man who can work on a downscaled budget.

The more I think about Martinez taking over my biggest problem is that the best case scenario (in my opinion) with him in charge for me would be something like... We lose Young but manage to hold on to Downing for another season. We may bring in one or two players but non of the quality or names that the fans will get excited about and we'll find ourselves competing with the likes of sunderland, bolton etc to finish in the top half.

Worst case we could be looking for a new manager at Christmas...

Maybe im having too much of a downer on him but I just cant get excited about it.

faulkner is a **** idiot and HE is the one ruining our club word removed !!

I'm not sure what he has done to warrant that type of abuse. How is PF ruining AVFC? Do you really think he will bring our club that was one of the founders of the league down on its knees? Get a grip!