• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Funny thing is AM has a great CV at less than fashionable sides

I honestly think with money and support. You could overhaul us and even break in to the top 4. Which we struggle to do

Utter nonsense.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** it ,

if after all the backlash he still wants the job , he and the board have my support .

i like people who take on an against the odds challenge.

he WANTS to be our boss , **** it im behind him!

Wayyyhayyyyyy someone who is thinking the same as me!

**** this, let's name him as our boss and make some bloody signings!!! We are missing out on talent here.

If he **** up - it will be heard in an insane way I am scared to even think about how it would go off.... 50x the houllier out protests!

I've lost my energy and vigour to contest this.

My love for the club will never diminish - whether it's Mcleish, Phil Mitchell, Graham Norton, Krusty the Clown or Kermit the frog in charge............ we have no real option but to get behind the name of Aston Villa and hope the guy proves the lot of us wrong

er most of us.....I happen to think he will do well.

for me its now gone beyond hiring him as manager. there is of course a chance he will attract some great players this summer and get the lads playing good football. my issue now is that the fans reacted vocally to an issue that affected OUR club and made their feelings known any way they could...be it on a messageboard or taking time to protest in person. these reactions have clearly fallen on deaf ears and its obvious to me that the board couldnt give a toss about what the fans want (or dont want in this case).

i feel sick right now to think that the £400 i handed over a few weeks ago has gone to the owners of a company that cares so little about their customers. my heart says bear with it and see how it pans out but my head is telling me to ask for my money back and not bother with the 350 mile round trip ever other week.

For Villa to remain a good side, AM would need to keep Downing and Bent or to bring in quality players on his own. Anything to suggest that he'd be able to do either? If key players walk, the gulf in quality narrows, and I'm sure he could manage getting Villa relegated from there.

The mirror - we turn him down

We turn down him for McLeish???? Are they nuts!!

Yes it would be a gamble and gamble worth taking. Plus, he would attract good continental players. Ah well

Don't torture yourself anymore the next few months are gonna be bad enough as it is

yeah thats just made me feel loads better...cheers for that!

The trouble is we have all posted on this site the Managers that we would like to see at Villa Park but in reality how many of them are actually interested in joining us?

It appears that Mc Claren & Mc Leish are the only ones who were prepared to take the job on.

The reason villa will never be successful with the current board is because they aren't prepared to take a gamble, so what if Quique Sanchez Flores hasn't got any premier league experience. He has been relatively succesful and is a young manager. They're too busy after steady managers who will never achieve the heights that the fans want.

Not to mention, any signings would have to be a little put off by this firestorm, which isn't really AM (or the fans') fault as it was entirely predictable. Just another facet.

I can't understand why anyone would pay for their season ticket without knowing what they are buying.

No manager in post and everyone and his granny turning us down. Villa are like a rudderless ship and I would not buy a ticket for a cruise unless I knew where I was going.

Season tickets will be available throughout the season if you want one. It's not as if we are manure with a big waiting list. The deadlines given by Villa for renewal mean nothing. I spoke to someone in the ticket office and they all but confirmed as much. It is just so that they don't have a rush in a short space of time and nothing to do with them giving your seat away if you don't renew by their deadline.

For Villa to remain a good side, AM would need to keep Downing and Bent or to bring in quality players on his own. Anything to suggest that he'd be able to do either? If key players walk, the gulf in quality narrows, and I'm sure he could manage getting Villa relegated from there.

You honestly think Downing would want to stick around now? McLeish has a bad reputation of using the wingers not well enough.

Bent probably won't leave due to no choice considering his lengthly contract, but I won't expect him to stay around that long and he'll probably lose interest.

Mcleish might do awful or he might surprise us and do ok with good investment. If the fans are on his back from the start then we're not gonna do any good this season.

Clearly we can't attract a top manager. After we **** up with Mon we had to turn to a bloke who'd been out of football for 5 years and now we're after the likes of Martinez and mcleish. What ever the reason is, top decent manager we want are just not interested in the position of villa manager.

If mcleish doesn't get it do we really think there is a top manager sitting there waiting to jump at the chance?

I'd rather have a manager randy wants and will back than a manager that's forced on to the owner from fan pressure.

Time to deal with it now folks. It's gonna happen.