Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 hours ago, sidcow said:

Wow, they do seem to have discontinued them.  You could buy them recently, what a travesty. 

there might be a flame grilled steak version coming to market soon but it would probably please people like Davkaus far far more than it will please me :detect:

Edited by tonyh29

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

there might be a flame grilled steak version coming to market soon but it would probably please people like Davkaus far far more than it will please me :detect:

Basically just repackaged beef flavour ;) 

All the decent crisp flavours were thought of 50 years ago! 

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yeah? I've never seen partridge and pineapple yet so excuse me, there's still a way to go yet. 

giphy.gif

Edited by sidcow

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'm still pitching for squirrel and jerusalem artichoke flavour. 

Didn't they do squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

Didn't they do. Squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Dunno about squirrel but I remember Hedgehog

HEDGEHOG_CRISPS.jpg

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Basically just repackaged beef flavour ;) 

When my lad was around 6 or 7 he was in the office one day and we’d been doing a project on cuppa soups so I had all the powders left over from the various flavour houses  and I also had some unflavoured crisp bases from a texture test … needless to say he came up with cuppasoup flavour crisps and wanted me to pitch it to the clients so they would  pay him lots of money for it :)

Mushroom and tomato cuppasoup might be an original flavour though thinking about it  !!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Didn't they do squirrel flavour recently when they asked the public to come up with some mad flavours.  Maybe it won but they wouldn't make it like Boaty McBoatface. 

Cajun Squirrel was a winner in a Canadian competition a few years back , don’t recall it in the U.K. but it’s possible we had it as well

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Cajun Squirrel was a winner in a Canadian competition a few years back , don’t recall it in the U.K. but it’s possible we had it as well

We had all these years ago. All terrible from memory!

zGcdvgB.jpeg

2 hours ago, Xela said:

We had all these years ago. All terrible from memory!

zGcdvgB.jpeg

That takes  me back … on builders breakfast there was more than one flavour house submission and so I ran the testing  to see which one of the 4 was most popular , winner  then went forward to the main competition… did the duck and fish and chip ones as well … but not the other three 

probably one for the boring thread :) 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why so many ‘music connoisseurs’ dismiss metal music out of hand when it generally requires much more technically proficiency to play. 

You're right, it does require deft use of the opposable thumb to turn the volume knob of the amp up to 11!

:trollface:

3 hours ago, blandy said:

They were horrible tasting. I’d say reminiscent of liver and sawdust.

Nothing you can’t wash down with a nice bottle of chianti. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â