Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I’ve wondered this a lot. When they say individuals are making hundreds of thousands… why TF are enough people paying to see a picture of a vag when there’s millions on offer for free?

People like Kerry Katona apparently making a fortune from nudes, she’s probably not in the top 10 million women who are available naked for free on the net but people are still paying to see her baps.

Then random non celebs who gave up jobs because they can make a fortune on OF… I just don’t understand it. 

I think people subscribe because they can interact with the people directly and chat to them (for a cost)

There was a sub reddit on a famous Onlyfans content provider (now deleted)... she would message people direct and send them pictures of her tits and growler. 

"What did you do last night?"

"I was awaiting updates on a faulty washing machine on a football forum. You?"

"Oh, I was chatting to [redacted]. She sent me a picture of her fingering her box"

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

There's a fundamental difference or two though to sports.

With gamers, the action and skill is over here, but the results are over there on the screen and thats a bit of a disconnect plus you really need to know the game in question. You can watch most sports and pick up the rules as you go along

Then no matter how good the person is, they are still limited in what they can do by software and yes I understand that might not actually be limiting but at the back of my mind it puts me off

You replied too quick for me, but I made an edit, and I essentially agree with you. I find it entertaining because I can appreciate how hard they work to become as good as they are, and I can compare the crazy things they do to my pathetic attempts at replicating it. It's never going to have mass market appeal though.

Watching a video of this guy's hands, one of the best ever Starcraft players, as he practiced for a tournament made me realise how absolutely ridiculously good they are. It's a whole different world in Korea, they have training houses for the teams that are every bit as professional and structured with their training as athletes.

And I know even this will just look to the unfamiliar as "wow, he types quickly, cool, so do receptionists", but at the same time as the speed, accuracy and dexterity that's required to do this, they're planning their strategy and what moves to do next, it's like realtime chess. I know most people would be bored out of their mind watching a gaming tournament but I'm hugely impressed by what some of these people do - it only comes with the experience of trying to do it myself though.

I'm up to about 5 hours worth of watching videos on YouTube of an American guy talking over watching the polish competitive slapping circuit so I'm not one to judge who watches what... 

But as a big gamer I find it weird that people watch other people play games, you can do it yourself, watching a guy play fifa... Why not just play fifa? Some of the talk over / reaction stuff that really is just trash can still somehow work but watching someone do something you can do yourself? Nope not for me 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

watching someone do something you can do yourself? Nope not for me 

I trust you're not watching the match tomorrow. Get yourself down to power league instead, man ;) 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I trust you're not watching the match tomorrow. Get yourself down to power league instead, man ;) 

Well played sir 

But I still don't get people watching other people playing computer games, maybe doesn't help that some of the biggest games of esports dota, league of legends, even counter strike are games that I have zero interest in, seemingly the biggest YouTube content is Minecraft which I don't get in general 

Maybe I should try watching a street fighter competition, that I could maybe maybe be interested in 

I don't play anything that lends itself to a competition, dont even play online and I'd class myself as an avid gamer, there's not a last of us 2 esport channel 

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

When they put that light right up your eye and start breathing all over your face (pre covid people) I always have to stifle down a laugh.

But when it's that really pretty girl, and you're desperately hoping you don't have halitosis... 

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm up to about 5 hours worth of watching videos on YouTube of an American guy talking over watching the polish competitive slapping circuit so I'm not one to judge who watches what... 

I got pretty deep into watching people clean their swimming pools at one stage. In at the deep end you might say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watching gamers gaming is bad enough, but I'm equally baffled by the idea of watching darts. It's a **** ing pub game. Fun to do with your mates and a few pints, but that's all it is. You may as well watch televised dominos or shove ha'penny. 

On YouTube i've watched hundred of hours of people on narrowboats! Just meandering down the waterways. 

I'm also watching videos of two guys sitting in different cars talking about random shit (Smith and Sniff if you are interested) 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I've always been a VTer, I couldn't imagine moderating anywhere else, VT is in my blood, I grew up here, it's a part of me

This is true. I spend more time browsing here than anywhere. Even moderating tits and arse can’t replace the VT family!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

This is true. I spend more time browsing here than anywhere. Even moderating tits and arse can’t replace the VT family!

Unless, you know, they offer to break the moderating transfer record :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I've always been a VTer, I couldn't imagine moderating anywhere else, VT is in my blood, I grew up here, it's a part of me

We used to have a player that said similar, Joe somebody I think his name was. 

Things I often wonder, number 1) 

Why, oh why, do so many of the shops/supermarkets that sell Marmite only sell it in the massive jar!? Boo. I want the little one! With the big jars about halfway through it will be less fresh and possibly harder and generally in poor condition, with probable margarine contamination.

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

Was his name Greedlish or something. Joe Greedlish?

The best play on his surname i have seen is Squeal-hiss

Quite impressive word play. 

• Like 1

Â