Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

21 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"Come Together" = "You Can't Catch Me". Berry sued, Lennon recorded the "Rock'n'Roll" covers album as payment. It's not very good. 

yep ..  always wondered whose idea it was to include  "You can't catch me" on that album 

Probably easier for someone musical like yourself to hear it than me , I thought he'd nicked a few lyrics , but apparently a lot of the melody is the same just slowed down ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Oasis used to sail even closer to the wind and had to acknowledge the originators sometimes in a shared credit. It also depends a lot on who is being ripped off and their attitude to it but if the music's publishers thought they have a case, they'll nearly always sue to get the royalties

Noel's always been very open that he is 'influenced' by a lot of music and it shows in a number of the songs. Morning Glory is REM's The One I Love, Cigarettes and Alcohol is pure T-Rex and the intro to Don't Look Back in Anger is Imagine by John Lennon. There are others where he has had to share a writing credit with (Neil Innes, Stevie Wonder, Real People)

• Like 1

Yeah there's several noel quotes about where he doesn't just admit he's almost half proud of it

Have wondered more than once if technology exists where it can listen to a song and then search through a database to see where it's been taken from, hip hop would be interesting 

That said some of it is incredible, watched a YouTube channel a while back that broke sampling down, the best video was daft punk one more time, the actual craftsmanship in nicking someone else's song can be incredible, the dissect podcast is pretty good for it too

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have wondered more than once if technology exists where it can listen to a song and then search through a database to see where it's been taken from, hip hop would be interesting 

https://www.whosampled.com/

Discover Music through Samples, Cover Songs and Remixes

Dig deeper into music by discovering direct connections among over 758,000 songs and 245,000 artists, from Hip-Hop, Rap and R&B via Electronic / Dance through to Rock, Pop, Soul, Funk, Reggae, Jazz, Classical and beyond.

• Thanks 1

Why white sourdough bread takes twice as long to get any kind of colour in the toaster, compared to normal white bread ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Everyone knows your ghost form is the clothes you died in.

Which is why I always wear; 

Adult Inflatable Deluxe Dinosaur T Rex Fancy Dress Costume Outfit Suit  Halloween | eBay

Problematic at supermarkets on occasion, but that's not my problem.  Plus, bitches love it.  Dominance innit?  Taming a rex. 

Picked up one of these for my kids 3rd birthday and he absolutely loved it.

Surprised it fit him to be honest. 

• Like 1

People who died from beheading apparently produce headless ghosts.  They seem to be a relatively common ghost.  

People who died from having a red hot poker shoved up their a-hole don’t seem to follow the same ghostly rules.  

Are there 2 different unions?  

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

People who died from beheading apparently produce headless ghosts.  They seem to be a relatively common ghost.  

People who died from having a red hot poker shoved up their a-hole don’t seem to follow the same ghostly rules.  

Are there 2 different unions?  

They are the same.

In the Harry Potter Movies they only put Nearly Headless Nick in, but if you read the actual books he's mainly accompanied by his sidekick Broiling Bowels Brian who was not considered "Hollywood" enough to get into the movies.

He got a bum deal in my opinion.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Why white sourdough bread takes twice as long to get any kind of colour in the toaster, compared to normal white bread ?

Sourdough toast?

Ocado home delivery?

Who is this person and what has happened to @mottaloo?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sourdough toast?

Ocado home delivery?

I bet the Ocado delivery includes avocado for his Sourdough toast. 

James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Sourdough toast?

Ocado home delivery?

Hahaha ! 

I'll have you know i put a generous spreading of beef dripping on it !

Man of the people, me !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

They are the same.

In the Harry Potter Movies they only put Nearly Headless Nick in, but if you read the actual books he's mainly accompanied by his sidekick Broiling Bowels Brian who was not considered "Hollywood" enough to get into the movies.

He got a bum deal in my opinion.

In 30 years time which one of the Hogwarts Teachers will be accused of being a paedo?

My money is on Horace Slughorn.

He invites schoolboys to parties in his chambers and teaches them how to make ""love potions" with his "magic wand".

• Haha 1

On 07/05/2021 at 18:27, mottaloo said:

Hahaha ! 

I'll have you know i put a generous spreading of beef dripping on it !

Man of the people, me !

I'm not convinced.

I reckon you'll be trading in your Slazenger joggers for a pair of Portillo's red chinos! 

• Haha 1

Â