Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Do you often wonder what your last 'boy of the world' VT post was, and your first 'man of the world' VT post? I bet you do now that I've mentioned it, cuz you're you, and you do that kinda thing :lol:

No, I signed up to VT 4 years after that fateful night. I've got a reputation on here I didn't know about.

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

After @Paddywhacks  vine phase I bet he was dripping in pussy. 

Did I post my rubbish vines on here? :blush:

8 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Well yeah, if he looked like this then no wonder...

spacer.png

I don't get it :( Who's that guy?

On 17/02/2021 at 06:37, mottaloo said:

Well if you imagine the pubic hair around a lady's foo foo to be the woods, then the foo foo is the clearing.

I think, anyway 🤔

Nice use of foo foo there.  Very diplomatic. 

Foo Fighters Wine GIF

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I've got a reputation on here I didn't know about.

No, I just remember this post and you having similar thoughts to my own. Except the ones involving Keira Knightley, Chiaki Kuriyama and a paddling pool full of Angel Delight.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

No, I signed up to VT 4 years after that fateful night. I've got a reputation on here I didn't know about.

Did I post my rubbish vines on here? :blush:

I don't get it :( Who's that guy?

I think you posted one or two. 

19 hours ago, Xela said:

I always think the youngsters go on the Facebook groups and stuff like that. 

Youngsters are now literally peeing their pants at the thought of someone thinking the would go onto Facebook for anything.  It's the Marks and Spencer of social media. 

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Youngsters are now literally peeing their pants at the thought of someone thinking the would go onto Facebook for anything.  It's the Marks and Spencer of social media. 

Too true. Which means that the retards who infest the Villa FB pages are actually in their 40s, despite their apparently having a mental age of six. 

I think the first time I stumbled across VT was trying to find out how far along the Benteke transfer was. I vaguely remember talk of planes arriving and the like and I know there was a guy who posted stuff on that front.

I often wonder what forums of other interests are like. Or rather, how the conversation is prompted. With a football site, they play most weeks, there’s a transfer window. There’s pretty much always something to discuss. Say for instance, a forum for a band you like. I know I’ve looked at an Oasis forum and because the band is now defunct, the “on topic” conversation has to be retrospective in it’s nature. Even if the musician is still performing and recording, they’re not releasing stuff every week, so it’s not like the conversation is being “refreshed” constantly. 

But these forums do exist and they appear to be active so these potential flaws don’t seem to hamper them. Maybe their equivalent of off topic does a lot of the leg work.

I’m on a couple of other message boards, but they’re a bit niche and I often forget about them for months at a time.

The one is for people with the same record turntable as mine, people that like to carry out little modifications to it! Basically it’s like Pimp My Goldring except that’s not the actual name, although it should be. That’s got a sort of Off Topic area, but off topic tends to be ‘what other turntables have you got?’ or, ‘where is the weirdest place you bought spare parts for your turntable?’ Or, ‘do you actually own any records or do you just like dicking about with wires and capacitors?’.

I was also on a Hyundai message board but that was mostly pensioners and serial killers so I gave that one up.

Also a sort of rare record / cratedigger messageboard, but they are waaaaayyyyy too hardcore for me to interact with, so I just sought of lurk and report anything interesting to my bro that’s after some quite specific stuff.

But I’d say VT and Twitter makes up roughly 99.985% of my social media.

I'm more of a lurker on other forums. Mainly car forums - Pistonheads is a popular one, but seems to be full of millionaires discussing what Ferrari or McLaren to buy next. Autoshite forum is for people at the other end of the spectrum - buying awful cars and trying to fix them up!

Car forums for specific cars have got quieter due to FB groups. Same as collector forums - the Star Wars ones are a lot quieter than they used to be. 

I also browse the Live Forever Oasis forum every now and again, but a lot of the posts are repetitive as they are just retrospective looks at old songs or albums. A huge amount of info on there but not one to browse every day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Its all Discord and Twitch now innit. Whatever they are! :D 

I'm glad FB is losing popularity. Gives me hope for the future. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I often wonder what forums of other interests are like. Or rather, how the conversation is prompted. With a football site, they play most weeks, there’s a transfer window. There’s pretty much always something to discuss. Say for instance, a forum for a band you like. I know I’ve looked at an Oasis forum and because the band is now defunct, the “on topic” conversation has to be retrospective in it’s nature. Even if the musician is still performing and recording, they’re not releasing stuff every week, so it’s not like the conversation is being “refreshed” constantly. 

Yep. I'm on a Dylan one (surprise), and it has flurries when a new album comes out, but otherwise it's endless recycling of what's your favourite/least favourite song/album/gig, round and round in circles. There is a off-topic section - I think I've posted about it on here before - that has some similarities with VT OT, with threads for films, TV programmes, books, jokes, politics, etc., but it's nowhere near as good as this place. I haven't been in there for months. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yep. I'm on a Dylan one (surprise), and it has flurries when a new album comes out, but otherwise it's endless recycling of what's your favourite/least favourite song/album/gig, round and round in circles. There is a off-topic section - I think I've posted about it on here before - that has some similarities with VT OT, with threads for films, TV programmes, books, jokes, politics, etc., but it's nowhere near as good as this place. I haven't been in there for months. 

Yes, I had a feeling you were on a Dylan one but wasn’t 100% certain.

Out of curiosity, do you notice if there are different factions? Like how we had those who were pro Bruce, anti Bruce, pro Westwood, anti Westwood, etc...do the moderators have to step in when the conversation returns to the prickly subject of when Dylan went electric?

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yes, I had a feeling you were on a Dylan one but wasn’t 100% certain.

Out of curiosity, do you notice if there are different factions? Like how we had those who were pro Bruce, anti Bruce, pro Westwood, anti Westwood, etc...do the moderators have to step in when the conversation returns to the prickly subject of when Dylan went electric?

Not really. Obviously the electric argument was won years ago, but there are still arguments over whether the 80s albums (especially the 'Christian' ones) are shite or not. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not really. Obviously the electric argument was won years ago, but there are still arguments over whether the 80s albums (especially the 'Christian' ones) are shite or not. 

Fair enough, I find it interesting that you find the off topic section not as good. If I had to have guessed, I’d have said that a music based forum would lead to equally varied discussions as on here.

By that I mean (and acknowledging I’m massively stereotyping here), if I was talking to four randomly selected people deeply interested in music and I tried to steer the conversation into film, books, politics, general musings...I’d gain more traction than I would four randomly selected football supporters. I suppose the conversation being online acts as a sort of filter in that people who want to delve deeper elsewhere away from the main topic can do so.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Fair enough, I find it interesting that you find the off topic section not as good. If I had to have guessed, I’d have said that a music based forum would lead to more varied discussions elsewhere than a football forum. 

Indeed, I'd have thought so, too. And it probably IS true for most football forums. Which just emphasises how remarkable VT is. 

• Like 1

Last year I started up fishing again, after many years away from it. I find it’s good for me to get out of the house occasionally and enjoy the outdoors, and I was very into it as young lad. I joined a fishing forum a few years ago with a view to learning a bit and refreshing what I might have forgotten. Anyway I signed back in last year for a look. It’s a very busy forum, loads of new posts and most posts attract a good number of comments. The off topic section is also busy but it’s really not for me. It’s basically a weird hybrid of daily heil, Facebook, boomer style comments. I’ve dipped in for a look but the views are so far removed from my own that I don’t want to read them, let alone debate them. 

There’s also some division, in a similar way that VT gets divided with ‘x’ manager in/out, or ‘y’ player is rubbish/alright. Only their division is over which strand of the sport is best. So match anglers vs pleasure anglers, carp anglers vs everyone, or people arguing over which type of venue is best (commercial fishery vs river etc...)

It seems that wherever there’s a group that share an interest, there will always be differences. And when the interest is so in depth, the differences are magnified.

Oh, and the constant opportunities for Kenneths are insane, but nobody sees it. 

• Like 1

Â