Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I was on a now defunct country music forum. It was great and then it disappeared. I miss it as it was the only place where I could talk the music I love. 

Surely there must be others? 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Surely there must be others? 

Its a funny genre Mike. Americana and Bluegrass, Western Swing all generate intelligent conversation about music. My preference is mainstream country and if its UK people, its talk of shit like The Shires, and Americans tend to be soccer moms and proud patriots so the conversation sways between I love xxx god bless them always and america **** yeah. None of it is talking about musicians, songwriters or the actual music. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its a funny genre Mike. Americana and Bluegrass, Western Swing all generate intelligent conversation about music. My preference is mainstream country and if its UK people, its talk of shit like The Shires, and Americans tend to be soccer moms and proud patriots so the conversation sways between I love xxx god bless them always and america **** yeah. None of it is talking about musicians, songwriters or the actual music. 

Ah yes, that would figure. Fortunately I'm in the Americana/bluegrass/western swing camp, so I'd be OK. 

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Oh, and the constant opportunities for Kenneths are insane, but nobody sees it. 

Your mission - should you wish to accept - is to educate these folk in the world of KW isms.

They will surely thank you !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Its all Discord and Twitch now innit. Whatever they are! :D 

I'm glad FB is losing popularity. Gives me hope for the future. 

Facebook really seems to have taken over by middle-aged women. These are the people who post, comment and share most actively in my experience.

The problem is you can’t click anything without everyone seeing what you are doing.

My wife added a comment on a sofa store ad asking about delivery. Her mum and work friend both mentioned it to her asking what the answer was. Nosey bastards.

You have to ask yourself before posting whether I want everyone I know, my neighbours, work colleagues, old school friends and extended family to read it and know my business.

I had an issue with my new build house after moving in and the builder was fobbing me off. I was advised to put a shitty comment on their page as it gets the best reaction. I had so many people asking me what it was about, what had happened, what they said etc. It really pissed me off. Even my Nan in her 80’s who doesn’t have Facebook asked me about it saying that my Aunty had mentioned it to her.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Facebook really seems to have taken over by middle-aged women. These are the people who post, comment and share most actively in my experience.

The problem is you can’t click anything without everyone seeing what you are doing.

My wife added a comment on a sofa store ad asking about delivery. Her mum and work friend both mentioned it to her asking what the answer was. Nosey bastards.

You have to ask yourself before posting whether I want everyone I know, my neighbours, work colleagues, old school friends and extended family to read it and know my business.

I had an issue with my new build house after moving in and the builder was fobbing me off. I was advised to put a shitty comment on their page as it gets the best reaction. I had so many people asking me what it was about, what had happened, what they said etc. It really pissed me off. Even my Nan in her 80’s who doesn’t have Facebook asked me about it saying that my Aunty had mentioned it to her.

It's all about how you manage your privacy settings. 

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's all about how you manage your privacy settings. 

There’s no way to hide things like that is there? I looked into it before but couldn’t  see a way that posting on a public group wasn’t visible to everyone 

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

So...has the new sofa arrived yet?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Yeah I think Facebook has morphed massively into something completely different to what it used to be.

It used to be like a combination of Instagram and Twitter. Mostly people sharing updates fo their life and pictures.

Now people have moved to Instagram and twitter or similar to do those things individually. And Facebook has turned into... well I don't know what. An advertising hell hole.

I had a break from Facebook for a year and only went back onto keep up with Irish family and stuff that I rarely see, especially during the pandemic.

But there is barely anything on it that interests me anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I think Facebook has morphed massively into something completely different to what it used to be.

It used to be like a combination of Instagram and Twitter. Mostly people sharing updates fo their life and pictures.

Now people have moved to Instagram and twitter or similar to do those things individually. And Facebook has turned into... well I don't know what. An advertising hell hole.

I had a break from Facebook for a year and only went back onto keep up with Irish family and stuff that I rarely see, especially during the pandemic.

But there is barely anything on it that interests me anymore. 

From what I gather it started out as a place for friends at Uni to communicate, joke, collaborate etc.

Theres no way 18-21 year olds will be using Facebook for that these days.

You absolutely cannot be yourself on there now with the eyes on the world watching.

Â