Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

People do this :huh:

When we decided we wanted to have children we didn't draw up a project plan and have timelines on it ....  surely you just stop on the contraception or going for the money shot all the time and then let nature take its course ?

For many your scenario is true, and it’s how 99% of people start out.

What happens for more than you’d imagine is that it’s not always as easy as it is made out to be, this is when people revert to having sex at very specific times of the month for the best chance.

With our first it took 2 years of trying even though we had lots of checks that showed everything was working correctly.

Then we we started again for baby number 2 my wife caught first month off contraception.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Eh? It should be a capital, the real question is why aren't you and often capitalised?

Now you've got me Wondering whether thread titles should be capitalised or not.  To me, something like "Things that piss you off that shouldn't" just looks better than "Things That Piss You Off That Shouldn't". 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Then we we started again for baby number 2 my wife caught first month off contraception.

I wish mine had managed a month.

She came off the pill and I was thinking, It was going to be an absolute shagathon for a few months. 

We went away for 10 days, came back and she'd caught. 

It was a day of mixed emotions. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

On Topic is business, Off Topic is pleasure. 

I’ve always viewed it similar to this but with school. 

On Topic is the “important subjects” - maths, English etc, Other Football is the more “fun” subjects - art, drama etc.

Off topic is the school playground.

@limpid is Mr Chips (from “Goodbye Mr Chips”, not Catchphrase).

The rest of the moderators are all varying versions of the PE teacher out of “Kes” :D

1 minute ago, Michelsen said:

If you sleep all day, no wonder you can’t sleep at night. 

I don't do it every day! I did it on purpose today as watching the Superbowl later

I just find it far easier to nod off in the day than at night. 

Just now, bickster said:

Because you're a big girls blouse who is scared of the dark

My Hello Kitty night light cancels this problem out though. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

I don't do it every day! I did it on purpose today as watching the Superbowl later

I just find it far easier to nod off in the day than at night. 

I know. I’ve been there myself. It might be because at night, you feel you have to sleep and it causes just enough stress to make falling asleep more difficult. 

Having children would solve your problem ;)

I could quite easily have a nap every Saturday, and Sunday afternoon, but it just makes me feel groggy, plus with the kids I hardly get time. Funnily enough, I had one yesterday, but that was only because my lad was ill, and he wanted me to lie with him in bed. I fell asleep last night about 11. My lad woke up at 1 throwing up, so I sorted him out. Then that woke our 10 month old up who wouldn't go back to sleep, so at 2 in the morning, I ended up taking her downstairs to try and settle her. She never nodded off until 3. Then at 5 my other daughter started shouting me, because her quilt had come off her, and she was cold. That woke our youngest up again, and I just gave up then, and got up. I've had the house to myself today, well I've had my youngest all day. Thought about having an hour or two, but always find it hard to nod off on a Sunday night at times, so thought I'd better not. 

• Like 2

When you watch a film years ago, and think it's brilliant. Then you watch it again, and it's shit. I watched quadrophenia again the other night. Not seen it for a few years, and thought it was brilliant back then. Now, I think it's shit. Why is that. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When you watch a film years ago, and think it's brilliant. Then you watch it again, and it's shit. I watched quadrophenia again the other night. Not seen it for a few years, and thought it was brilliant back then. Now, I think it's shit. Why is that. 

Because it's shit. 

• Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

Because it's shit. 

It is isn't it. I remember that paul Daniels bloke annoying me a bit when I first watched it. He is really annoying. It really is a load of shit. I felt the same about trainspotting. Liked it at first, then years later thought it was shit. Another film was The Warriors. Used to love that growing up, and bigged it up to everyone. Last time I watched it, it was that bad, it was laughable. 

Â