Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It is isn't it. I remember that paul Daniels bloke annoying me a bit when I first watched it. He is really annoying. It really is a load of shit. I felt the same about trainspotting. Liked it at first, then years later thought it was shit. Another film was The Warriors. Used to love that growing up, and bigged it up to everyone. Last time I watched it, it was that bad, it was laughable. 

I had something similar with Inside Man with Denzel Washington and Clive Owen in it, which I tried watching the other day.  When it came out it was one of my favourite films, but every Clive Owen film I've seen since has highlighted what a shit actor he is, and watching Inside Man back I couldn't help but notice how shit he is in that too.  Had to turn it off in the end.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It is isn't it. I remember that paul Daniels bloke annoying me a bit when I first watched it. He is really annoying. It really is a load of shit. I felt the same about trainspotting. Liked it at first, then years later thought it was shit. Another film was The Warriors. Used to love that growing up, and bigged it up to everyone. Last time I watched it, it was that bad, it was laughable. 

Listen squire, continue to diss Trainspotting and me and you will fall out! :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michelsen said:

I know. I’ve been there myself. It might be because at night, you feel you have to sleep and it causes just enough stress to make falling asleep more difficult. 

Having children would solve your problem ;)

I'd rather have insomnia than kids! 

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

PARKLIFE! 

(It was Phil). 

That's the one. Stereotype cockney clearing in the woods. Trying to emulate Keith moon in the film, which was blasphemy at its worst. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

How in this day and age, in cricket left arm leg spinners are still known as Chinaman bowlers.

Agreed, should be Chinaperson now :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why a Villa chant of Holte Enders in the sky's tune is in no way related to Ghost riders in the sky. Almost as if the people chanting it have never heard Ghost riders in the sky. This makes me wonder and pisses me off equally. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Why a Villa chant of Holte Enders in the sky's tune is in no way related to Ghost riders in the sky. Almost as if the people chanting it have never heard Ghost riders in the sky. This makes me wonder and pisses me off equally. 

It’s been some years since I watched it but I’m pretty sure on the DVD of the European Cup final you can hear the crowd singing it the same way Johnny Cash sings it. I’ve always just assumed it evolved over the years. You’re right, it sounds completely different now.

Â