Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Who is this Tony? Sheeran? 

As per AlwaysAVFC reply 

radiohead and creep , which the Hollies successfully took them to court for over “the air that I breathe” and got credits and royalties for 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

As per AlwaysAVFC reply 

radiohead and creep , which the Hollies successfully took them to court for over “the air that I breathe” and got credits and royalties for 

The Hollies didn't write "The Air That I Breathe".

Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood wrote it, Hammond recorded it. The Hollies' version was a cover. 

13 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The Hollies didn't write "The Air That I Breathe".

Albert Hammond and Mike Hazelwood wrote it, Hammond recorded it. The Hollies' version was a cover. 

Ah ..didn't know that   , seems it was Hammond and Hazelwood who took Radiohead to court and not the Hollies according to wiki

sky just sorta reported it a bit ambiguously ,so I'm blaming them :)

Radiohead themselves were successfully sued over Creep's resemblance to The Hollies' song The Air That I Breathe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Why is Germany not chock full of Atheists?

An 8% or 9% tax levy to the Church of your religion would be enough for most for most people to see the light but apparently not

Atheists pay nothing

Because God. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why is Germany not chock full of Atheists?

An 8% or 9% tax levy to the Church of your religion would be enough for most for most people to see the light but apparently not

Atheists pay nothing

better still  the Catholic church in Germany has forbidden those who do not pay their church taxes from receiving communion

It's not just Germany (though there tax rate is higher)  ..also Iceland , Sweden, Finland, Switzerland ,Italy , Spain  to name a few

18 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

better still  the Catholic church in Germany has forbidden those who do not pay their church taxes from receiving communion

It's not just Germany (though there tax rate is higher)  ..also Iceland , Sweden, Finland, Switzerland ,Italy , Spain  to name a few

I know I Mooney'd it when my daughter told me. but 8-9%, if ever there was an incentive to see through the bullshit its that but apparently not

On 1/10/2018 at 21:31, il_serpente said:

Is it just where I live, or do younger generations everywhere think that anything that is amusing in any way can be correctly described as "ironic"?

Or "random"

• Like 2

Â