Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And "This report contains flash photography". 

I think epileptics could safely assume that this is a given for every news programme. 

Yep.

I complained about this in the Piss You Off thread not so long ago. Things that are there to just stop people being sued. They don't actually benefit anyone.

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Or as we refer to them these days, slaves. 

Not true (or at least not to the extent you're told when you're a nipper).

It was done mostly by paid labourers.  They found their tombs filled with beer/bread crates and nice items to take into the afterlife.  Bone studies identified them as very hard worked labourers due to lower spine damage and arthritis. 

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Not true (or at least not to the extent you're told when you're a nipper).

It was done mostly by paid labourers.  They found their tombs filled with beer/bread crates and nice items to take into the afterlife.  Bone studies identified them as very hard worked labourers due to lower spine damage and arthritis. 

Yeah I read similar. Something like a rotating workforce of skilled labourers.

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I read similar. Something like a rotating workforce of skilled labourers.

they've dug up the whole villages where the workmen lived , actually fascinating places as it gave insights into diet and how they lived .... quite often they find Graffiti from the workmen  that helps them date the actual work and verify / contradict other evidence

I went to Persepolis( Iran) the other year and the guide was very proudly telling me how it was built by paid labourers unlike the Pyramids built by slaves .. I felt it was only right to educate him and he looked quite surprised , seems Hollywood even got the myth into Iran :) 

Edit - sorry just seen Lapal already covered most of that , really must stop reading threads backwards form the last post

Edited by tonyh29

1 hour ago, Ikantcpell said:

I should have said, how were they built.

The builders used pi as the ratio between length and height. They built a structure which aligns with one of the north poles.

How inexplicable.

On 03/01/2018 at 20:09, limpid said:

The builders used pi as the ratio between length and height. They built a structure which aligns with one of the north poles.

How inexplicable.

Even allowing that the had a one in 4 chance , it would still be quite impressive to line  up to something they never saw , wouldn’t it ?

This Theory I read is quite an interesting one though if anyone is interested

The ancient Egyptians used two bright stars in the Big Dipper and Little Dipper constellations to align their pyramids in a north-south direction, a British Egyptologist says. If she’s right, we can now pin down the ages of the pyramids far more accurately than before.[\quote]

Â