Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I find it easier to control the white for some reason when the pool balls are bigger.

I find the opposite to be true.  Much easier to put back spin on a smaller ball.  American balls mostly keep on rolling, whatever you do to them.

Masterchef UK: There was some really nice piano music in the background (When they were telling the really tall blonde bird it's time to go) either last night or the night before (Monday or Tuesday).

Does anyone know the name of it by any chance ? 

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Masterchef UK: There was some really nice piano music in the background (When they were telling the really tall blonde bird it's time to go) either last night or the night before (Monday or Tuesday).

Do you have it recorded?  Shazam that shit.

• Like 1

We have our own Shazam, or should I say ShaXann.  Just type it out in "doo do doo" form and that should be enough for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

"doo do doo, come on and do the conga" 

I wish I didn't have a habit of completing people's sentences for them. 

• Like 1

Robbie Williams  - he was massive as a solo artist for a while wasn't he? 3 nights at Knebworth... 375,000 people. 

How did that happen?! 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Robbie Williams  - he was massive as a solo artist for a while wasn't he? 3 nights at Knebworth... 375,000 people. 

How did that happen?! 

I genuinely don't know if you are questioning the logistics of music industry sales or just implying that he's not your cup of tea.

Just now, brommy said:

I genuinely don't know if you are questioning the logistics of music industry sales or just implying that he's not your cup of tea.

Ha, well, it is in the things you often wonder page... I guess what I was asking, rhetorically, and evidently poorly, is how on earth did he become so big? 

Definitely the case of making the very most of what talent you have. 

One of his tunes just came up on a Spotify playlist, hence, my nonsensical ramblings. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Ha, well, it is in the things you often wonder page... I guess what I was asking, rhetorically, and evidently poorly, is how on earth did he become so big? 

Definitely the case of making the very most of what talent you have. 

One of his tunes just came up on a Spotify playlist, hence, my nonsensical ramblings. 

I guess his Take That years earned him a few million fans, most of whom stayed with him and were suplimented by some older fans who enjoyed his less 'boy bandy' take on popular music, hence the track sales. He was also seen by many as a 'performer', hence the 375,000 fans over 3 nights at Knebworth. I don't think even a supremely confident RW would claim to have a great voice, but he can carry a catchy tune and can perform so he did make the most of his talent. There's a distinct lack of amazing voices in music so he's probably no different to 95% of successful pop artists in that respect.

• Like 3

He had a string of massive hits, some of which - 'Angels'! - you probably still know all the words too. He had a pair of pipes on him as well. Not the best singer in the world, no, but he could definitely carry a tune. 

'Robbie Williams didn't have the talent for a solo pop career' would be a contrarian take too far IMO. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He had a string of massive hits, some of which - 'Angels'! - you probably still know all the words too. He had a pair of pipes on him as well. Not the best singer in the world, no, but he could definitely carry a tune. 

'Robbie Williams didn't have the talent for a solo pop career' would be a contrarian take too far IMO. 

Millennium as well.  To be fair that was a tune for the time and did him no harm.

I went to see Take That with my Dutch Mrs about 6 (No one reads the Internet so that "gig" will go unnoticed by everyone) years ago at the Ajax Stadium and he/they were really good.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

Â