Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Cockwombles pal.

Either having a conversation through the speaker in full or that annoying habit of pulling the phone away from your ear to speak into it like a microphone then putting back to your ear to hear the reply. What sort of shit is that?

No idea but I see it a lot especially with the young uns. Some gimp out there, has made it cool. And it's catching on. Probably this Towie or Made in Chelsea crap who knows. 

The person on the other end probably thinks F me your line is bad again , while the other one shouting back Dom Joly style to compensate. no , you idiot, it's because the phones away from your mouth and ear and the wind etc. Never mind. Lot of clearings in the woods about whatever will they devolve next. 

Actually hipsters are probably to blame as discussed a few months ago. Much goes wrong in society, I tend to blame hipsters. Damn those hipsters for this "look at my statement usage of how to converse via the phone by holding it out in front of my face" 

failing that, it's some Face Time fetish but for people who like looking up nostrils. No other explanations. 

Reality tv

hipsters

nostril fetishists

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

No idea but I see it a lot especially with the young uns. Some gimp out there, has made it cool. And it's catching on. Probably this Towie or Made in Chelsea crap who knows. 

The person on the other end probably thinks F me your line is bad again , while the other one shouting back Dom Joly style to compensate. no , you idiot, it's because the phones away from your mouth and ear and the wind etc. Never mind. Lot of clearings in the woods about whatever will they devolve next. 

Actually hipsters are probably to blame as discussed a few months ago. Much goes wrong in society, I tend to blame hipsters. Damn those hipsters for this "look at my statement usage of how to converse via the phone by holding it out in front of my face" 

failing that, it's some Face Time fetish but for people who like looking up nostrils. No other explanations. 

Reality tv

hipsters

nostril fetishists

Broken Britain mate

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Why the hell there's no 'n' in restaurateur.

04437058.jpg

At least you realise that there isn't, unlike the majority of people on TV and radio. 

There are only two "i"s in "mischievous", too. 

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

At least you realise that there isn't, unlike the majority of people on TV and radio. 

There are only two "i"s in "mischievous", too. 

Every time I see it I just think why? It's screaming out for one. 

And there's only 3 of them in Donington :)

On 24/04/2017 at 04:31, Midfielder said:

Why...

There has become a recent trend for people to walk around using their phones in public but choosing not to hold it against their ear, to instead sort of hold it flat and away from their mouth and with their speakerphone activated. 

Unless I'm wrong surely the quality of the call is worse for both parties with more sound interference when held that way. 

Does it make the call better or are these people just clearings in the woods?

On 24/04/2017 at 18:42, Xela said:

Cockwombles pal.

Either having a conversation through the speaker in full or that annoying habit of pulling the phone away from your ear to speak into it like a microphone then putting back to your ear to hear the reply. What sort of shit is that?

You're probably seeing people using voice notes, so it's not actually a phone call. More like audio text messages being sent back and forth. People use it because it saves the snippets of information to play back, it's easier and clearer to communicate by voice than text and means other tasks and conversations aren't interrupted by an extended phone call (emails, whatever). Obviously you don't need to listen to the other end when recording one so no need to hold the phone to their ear and allows them to see the screen for notifications and so on.

I'm never that involved in my phone to do it myself, but it makes sense.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Why the hell there's no 'n' in restaurateur.

04437058.jpg

French grammar. there's no such word in french with an N. The word restaurant comes from restaurer (to restore) so a restaurateur is someone who restores, as in restores the energy of their patrons via food. A restaurant is some thing that restores, referring to the place or originally the food.

• Like 2

@a m ole I disagree with pal, only because, you haven't seen these people yet. But you will, soon. Me, I live sort of in Gloucester, on the verge of moving away, I don't know whether it is a Gloucester thing or not but commonly, with younger people they seem to be following some trend of having phone conversations this way. Regretfully, this type of crap catches on. All it takes is for some tard to make it cool and others will follow.

The thing there I ranted about, I'm not kidding, is just some "new" way of what surely must be attention seeking / trying to be cool way of holding the phone to make a call. I got the train to Bristol for work last week and there were people talking like that on the platform too, not just the school / college age kids I see doing it. I could write a hundred line analysis on it, but think it all just boils down to they've seen it somewhere and think it makes them look cool. Whilst, the call is less effective and reduces the poor f-----r on the other end to having to struggle to listen in, wondering at the other end why's the reception so bad. Why is it bad?? Because your bell end mate thinks that holding his phone like that makes him look cool.

F---- tw-----s.

Oh in fact, fk this WHEN IN ROME whilst im replying to this thread, here have some of this. This is Hereford this morning in fact fk me hang on a minute I can beat this phone stuff. incoming.

• Like 1

Just now, Midfielder said:

@a m ole I disagree with pal, only because, you haven't seen these people yet. But you will, soon. Me, I live sort of in Gloucester, on the verge of moving away, I don't know whether it is a Gloucester thing or not but commonly, with younger people they seem to be following some trend of having phone conversations this way. Regretfully, this type of crap catches on. All it takes is for some tard to make it cool and others will follow.

The thing there I ranted about, I'm not kidding, is just some "new" way of what surely must be attention seeking / trying to be cool way of holding the phone to make a call. I got the train to Bristol for work last week and there were people talking like that on the platform too, not just the school / college age kids I see doing it. I could write a hundred line analysis on it, but think it all just boils down to they've seen it somewhere and think it makes them look cool. Whilst, the call is less effective and reduces the poor f-----r on the other end to having to struggle to listen in, wondering at the other end why's the reception so bad. Why is it bad?? Because your bell end mate thinks that holding his phone like that makes him look cool.

F---- tw-----s.

Oh in fact, fk this WHEN IN ROME whilst im replying to this thread, here have some of this. This is Hereford this morning in fact fk me hang on a minute I can beat this phone stuff. incoming.

well they do sound like words removed!

In fact, sack it, I'll stick it in the Rant thread. But for the purposes of this thread, things I often wonder... why didn't I pay any attention at school, college, uni with regards to most aspects of IT. Jesus Christ, I have no idea why, but when uploading images through tiny pic.com, from my phone, it uploads them 90 degrees rotated the wrong way. I have absolutely no idea why. I will google at some point. Anyway, that, as an indicator, as to why I am so effing backward with IT is what I often wonder.

I grew up in the age of the computer, its chronology, its evolution. yet, age 38 I am not just a laggard but obsolete myself.

luckily at work I have someone who can do the admin, but anything apst changing the size of text, and colours of cells for example in excel and that is me done. Autosum, yeah autosum but I guess that doesn't count, that's just a one-click. but yeah. oh dammit. anyway way so A Mole, what I said up there. f it, ill put it in the rant thread.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

French grammar. there's no such word in french with an N. The word restaurant comes from restaurer (to restore) so a restaurateur is someone who restores, as in restores the energy of their patrons via food. A restaurant is some thing that restores, referring to the place or originally the food.

Thank you, saved me some typing. 

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

You're probably seeing people using voice notes, so it's not actually a phone call. More like audio text messages being sent back and forth. People use it because it saves the snippets of information to play back, it's easier and clearer to communicate by voice than text and means other tasks and conversations aren't interrupted by an extended phone call (emails, whatever). Obviously you don't need to listen to the other end when recording one so no need to hold the phone to their ear and allows them to see the screen for notifications and so on.

I'm never that involved in my phone to do it myself, but it makes sense.

Maybe occasionally, but i'd wager the majority aren't. I don't think the conversations I hear need to be recorded! :D

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:
2 hours ago, a m ole said:

Thank you, saved me some typing. 

What about "Surrender" ^_^

On 29/04/2017 at 11:52, Midfielder said:

@a m oleh in fact, fk this WHEN IN ROME whilst im replying to this thread, here have some of this. This is Hereford this morning in fact fk me hang on a minute I can beat this phone stuff. incoming.

azxHRd.gif

Why when its someone's birthday do they jokingly say that they are really turning a younger age? 

Girl at work was 30 the other day but said about ten times that she was really turning 23. I dont get it. Is it just a long running joke that you say it each time that its your birthday, or do people actually really want to be a younger age?

32 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Why when its someone's birthday do they jokingly say that they are really turning a younger age? 

Girl at work was 30 the other day but said about ten times that she was really turning 23. I dont get it. Is it just a long running joke that you say it each time that its your birthday, or do people actually really want to be a younger age?

Don't know about anyone else and I don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to being 64.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't know about anyone else and I don't want to wish my life away but I'm looking forward to being 64.

I've read some of your posts from "other threads", you and I, more so you, the amount we have fried our brains and bombarded ourselves over the years, chemically that is, IF we see 64 we will be jibbering messes. That's not to look forward to! Seize the day before the bats descend

tumblr_mka3viwQHW1s4xc6to1_500.gif

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, turvontour said:

"Twenty-one again, eh?" 

23 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I've read some of your posts from "other threads", you and I, more so you, the amount we have fried our brains and bombarded ourselves over the years, chemically that is, IF we see 64 we will be jibbering messes. That's not to look forward to! Seize the day before the bats descend

tumblr_mka3viwQHW1s4xc6to1_500.gif

My scenario at the moment is I'm too young to die and too old to rock n roll. 

Â