Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

We probably need to define happiness before asking if people are happy.

Then you get into the tricky business of how to be happy and then you get all sorts of numpties giving you their two cents, usually at the cost of 10 cents.

No worries.

I'm wondering if a house share in Birmingham for £350 per calendar month is a good deal. That covers everything.

That wouldn't even cover my rent so it sounds good to me.

Where do you live, and what kind of property? I hate paying rent, so I want to keep it as low as possible. 

I'm flying about 4 times a week at the moment and every flight makes me hate it even more. I know the stats, I know how safe it is but I can't stop myself expecting to fall out of the sky at any given moment. The most irrational of fears but if I never had to get on a plane again, I'd be delighted.

Same with me.

I'm not flying very regularly, but my fear is getting worse each time.

Now it's not very bad, just a bit of nerves. But it's definitely getting worse.

Barely an hour flight from Cork on Wednesday, and I was dreading it. Found myself thinking "I'll go to the supermarket when I'm back in Birmingham... if I survive the flight"

As you say, totally irrational. I KNOW I'm more likely to die on the way to the airport. But I can't help it.

I'd love to cure it. It's not enough to stop me flying anywhere. But it's enough for me to hate the prospect of taking a flight.

I'm flying about 4 times a week at the moment and every flight makes me hate it even more. I know the stats, I know how safe it is but I can't stop myself expecting to fall out of the sky at any given moment. The most irrational of fears but if I never had to get on a plane again, I'd be delighted.

Same with me.

Barely an hour flight from Cork on Wednesday, and I was dreading it. Found myself thinking "I'll go to the supermarket when I'm back in Birmingham... if I survive the flight"

As you say, totally irrational. I KNOW I'm more likely to die on the way to the airport. But I can't help it.

I'd love to cure it. It's not enough to stop me flying anywhere. But it's enough for me to hate the prospect of taking a flight.

what you need is a scary flight with heavy turbulence and people screaming and crying

once you survive that then you'll be cured and never fear flying again 

what you need is a scary flight with heavy turbulence and people screaming and crying

Especially if it crashes.

Same with me.

It didn't work for Dennis Bergkamp.

Same with me.

Has that happened to you? What happened?

Same with me.

It might help if you take up a "crash position" right from the start.

Put your seat belt on then mess up your hair spread both legs in front of you and let your head fall forward and to one side.

It's not the flight that worries people, it's the whole "falling 40,000ft" thing that makes people worried.

The consequences of crashing a car or sinking a ship are much less than if you fall that distance on what is essentially a fuel tank, which is highly flammable.

Hope that helps :)

It's not the flight that worries people, it's the whole "falling 40,000ft" thing that makes people worried.

The consequences of crashing a car or sinking a ship are much less than if you fall that distance on what is essentially a fuel tank, which is highly flammable.

Hope that helps :)

When you put it that way. The thing that would worry me the most is the fact that you have so much time to think about it before you finally hit the ground. 

I can think of far more boring ways of meeting the reaper

If your in that position you just have to come to the conclusion that its your time your journey is coming to an end it is out of your control and there is nothing you can do about it

Embrace it... open the aircraft door step out onto the wing and surf your way down

Death is probably instantaneous anyway and you wouldn't feel a thing

Edited by AshVilla

Â