Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Farnborough airshow this year chaps the A-380 ( big big passenger plane to those of you who don't know a 747 from a Dakota)  ... they will almost be performing loop the loops in it , that's all you need to see and you'll never be worried about your plane coming down again ...unless your pilot has gambling debts and huge life insurance ...

flying North Korean airlines was the only time I spent a whole flight nervous ... the plane was about 60 years old , Russian built and not only could I hear fluid being pumped through the airframe the whole flight , the fuselage was also getting hotter and hotter the longer we flew to the point I couldn't touch it any longer  ...

there was a collective sigh when we touched down in Beijing .. apart from the Koreans who seemed completely oblivious :)

I'd immediately eat everyone.

Get it out of the way.

I say it would be good planning to sort through everyone in the airport, that way when you do crash you will have a head start!

I'd immediately eat everyone.

Get it out of the way.

I say it would be good planning to sort through everyone in the airport, that way when you do crash you will have a head start!

KLM would be your friend here as you can Facebook profile passengers on the plane when booking your seat   ... put yourself between a fat bird and a fit bird 

Shag the fit bird on the way down in case it's your last moments on earth and then eat the fat bird once you've crashed in the desert and somehow survived

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

I got the flying commute when a Director of the firm got a panic attack at Heathrow. He'd done the journey dozens of times, he was sat in the lounge, flight got called and he just couldn't do it.

On the subject of planes stuck together with ticky tacky, I've previously had opportunity to have a good look around an engine repair and refurb faciltiy. All I can say is that BA engines arrive for a service in better condition than some other airlines leaves. They must be top of the tree for looking after their kit.

Well BA have only ever had one fatal crash.

Farnborough airshow this year chaps the A-380 ( big big passenger plane to those of you who don't know a 747 from a Dakota)  ... they will almost be performing loop the loops in it , that's all you need to see and you'll never be worried about your plane coming down again ...unless your pilot has gambling debts and huge life insurance ...

Funnily enough, once you'd informed me that the A-380 would be the plane I'm getting to Thailand (well part of the way anyway) I googled it and saw a YouTube video of it at the Paris air show.

Astonishing really. The guy was flying it like it was a stunt plane.

It genuinely did make me feel better.

• Like 2

I got the flying commute when a Director of the firm got a panic attack at Heathrow. He'd done the journey dozens of times, he was sat in the lounge, flight got called and he just couldn't do it.

On the subject of planes stuck together with ticky tacky, I've previously had opportunity to have a good look around an engine repair and refurb faciltiy. All I can say is that BA engines arrive for a service in better condition than some other airlines leaves. They must be top of the tree for looking after their kit.

Well BA have only ever had one fatal crash.

Trident and a mid air collision wasn't it ?

I'd sat in the cockpit of a couple of big planes landing at Heathrow and that's fascinating, being able to see the dots on the screen and because everything is so busy in the sky around Heathrow being able to translate the dots into that plane over there and that plane over there. A proper lifetime experience.

Then 9/11 came along and put an end to it.

One for the musicians I guess but is it easier to write your own song or re-invent someone else's song as a cover version with your own style and mark on it ?

I just saw a rather good cover version on YouTube that that artist clearly spent a lot of time making his own mark on and his unique style

As the song structure etc is already in place is changing it harder than starting from scratch , you've sorta still got to make it all fit

Edited by tonyh29

Leading on from the Smiths talk in another thread (towards whom I am ambivalent), is there a band that is not overrated or underrated, but rated exactly as they should be?

Greenday. They are ****.

• Like 1

Â