Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

That's Diana Ross-wang!

I often wonder if people still own deep fat fryers. My house mate was babbling on about getting one the other day. I thought it was a great idea, until I realised I might use it once a year to make onion rings or something else equally pointless.

That's Diana Ross-wang!

I often wonder if people still own deep fat fryers. My house mate was babbling on about getting one the other day. I thought it was a great idea, until I realised I might use it once a year to make onion rings or something else equally pointless.

My parents do.

Dad refuses to eat oven chips. He's stubborn. So they've always had one.

Must admit, they are pretty handy for cooking chips. But like you I would personally use one about once a year :)

But you can deep fat fry almost anything these days. Ask the Scots.

Got some food you need cooking in a hurry? - lob it in the deep fat fryer - Job Done!

switch from using lard to vegetable oil and you're onto a healthy win ;)  :P

about twenty years ago we had a flood, blame the wife, records ruined, but I didnt dwell on it for **** decades, any how, deep fat fryer was in a low level cupboard so was ruined, never replaced it, not had a deep fat fryer since. Past 3 years havent had oil or lard in the house, tend to use frylight. I appreciate there is a boring thread for talk of this.

That's Diana Ross-wang!

The chip is certainly a thing of wonder

But the oven-chip's a culinary blunder

Limp and soggy like a dirty sock

I prefer my chips made in a wok 

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

I've got a deep fat fryer.

2 mini/fun size chocolate bars of your choice, in crispy batter and a scoop of your favourite ice cream - Cookie dough is good though.

Chav profiteroles.

**** your skinny, Kate Moss

Think we did tempura once.

Might fire it up this weekend?.?.

I've got a deep fat fryer.

2 mini/fun size chocolate bars of your choice, in crispy batter and a scoop of your favourite ice cream - Cookie dough is good though.

Chav profiteroles.

**** your skinny, Kate Moss

Think we did tempura once.

Might fire it up this weekend?.?.

Yeah, I'm not skinny, I just want to live past 50.

Â