Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

the story is slightly longer, at one point he nearly got aggressive, he got a watch out of a box and I said it was way to big and chunky and not my style. He very quickly said that's because it's a mans watch, are you a man or a pussy?

from there he insisted I held it to feel the quality

he had copies of glossy magazines with adverts for the watch and even offered a guarantee!

Well if he was offering a guarantee whats the problem?

• Like 1

So, what I'm wondering is - what's the scam? No watch in the final box? Watch is worth a fiver? Watch is nicked? I've missed out on a £500 watch?

It's absolute bollocks, I'm amazed people are still doing it. It's a fake.

Sometimes they ramp it up a bit by having what looks like an official company van relevant to the product they're trying to hawk.

They tell you that when they picked up the stock the paperwork was wrong. They've got a couple extra which they're shifting at a fraction of the full price to you, you lucky mug.

• Like 1

the story is slightly longer, at one point he nearly got aggressive, he got a watch out of a box and I said it was way to big and chunky and not my style. He very quickly said that's because it's a mans watch, are you a man or a pussy?

from there he insisted I held it to feel the quality

he had copies of glossy magazines with adverts for the watch and even offered a guarantee!

my best guess is that I'd have been buying an empty box

Few years ago but this sounds like your scam

http://www.fiatforum.com/leisure-lounge/108252-claude-valentini-watch-scam.html

yep,

one of the stories from there was pretty much word for word - haven't even changed the script that much

like I say, it was very entertaining and I'm always surprised when somebody does go for the too good to be true deal - but I do like to play along for a while

Ive always wondered, being of average looks & average financial status, what it would be like to be mega rich & extremely good looking. Even just for a week. Im fed up of my job, plop money and the unfairness of the world in general and I find myself constantly daydreaming of jetting off to more exotic climbs with loads of money, cars, women etc... :(

Ive always wondered, being of average looks & average financial status, what it would be like to be mega rich & extremely good looking.

It's great

Who told you that?

• Like 1

Ive always wondered, being of average looks & average financial status, what it would be like to be mega rich & extremely good looking. Even just for a week. Im fed up of my job, plop money and the unfairness of the world in general and I find myself constantly daydreaming of jetting off to more exotic climbs with loads of money, cars, women etc... :(

But seriously ... If you had £1m would you want £5m and then if you have £5m would you want £50m ... you get your db9 then you'll always being wanting a bugati and so on...

And then would these stunning women be with you because of superficial reasons or because of love ... You might not care , but you'd probably always wonder

My mate shags some fairly decent looking women , but he pays them ....and he's got to the point where I don't think he even enjoys it , I think it's just become an addiction to him... Don't get me wrong I love a beautiful woman as much as the next man , unless I'm standing next to Thomas Hitzlsperger , but there's more to be said for sleeping with the woman you love than paying some beauty for an hour of their time

Id want about 40-50 million to do what I want to do in life. Help family, friends & a lot of charities and then id be off around the world looking for a property in every country I visit that I like.

Why do men instantly equate wealth to shagging stunning women ? Surely there is a bit more to life

ordering whatever you want at the indian takeaway and not thinking oooooof, £8.99 !! perhaps I'll stick with the madras and a mushroom rice

Given the world we live in, money is really a means to an end, whatever end that may be. It is not, however, an end in and of itself.

I'd like enough to get a house some place quiet and just be comfortable.

As I don't want wife/kids, that amount will be considerably less than those that have both ;)

Why do men instantly equate wealth to shagging stunning women ? Surely there is a bit more to life

Have you seen Peter Crouch

And

Have you seen Mrs Peter Crouch

The defence rests :)

• Like 2

Have you seen Peter Crouch

And

Have you seen Mrs Peter Crouch

The defence rests :)

and all credit to Mr Crouch for his excellent answer to the question 'what would you be if you weren't a footballer?'

• Like 1

Â