Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Flipping this around, I often wonder whats happened to regular posters who've just disappeared and hope they haven't died without us knowing.

This....and the first VTer that springs to mind is @kurtsimonw.

Be great to hear from him and that he's in a better place 

On a fairly regular basis I find myself humming the You've Been Framed theme tune to myself.

I haven't watched You've been framed in at least a decade. Probably 2 decades. 
It's not a particularly good theme tune.
I can't think of anything that sounds similar that I hear regularly that could put it into my head.

Why does this happen?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This....and the first VTer that springs to mind is @kurtsimonw.

Be great to hear from him and that he's in a better place 

There's a few that sometimes spring to mind for me.

I also sometimes wonder if anyone on here would know if I'd died. My brother stalks but doesn't post to the site so he might say something. I doubt my wife would bother to log on and tell people. 

Macabre thoughts. 

Edited by Rds1983

25 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I often wonder whats happened to regular posters who've just disappeared and hope they haven't died without us knowing.

Yes! Being on this site for close to nearly 20 years now (wow, where did the time go) I too have random moments where I think about/remember certain posters and a 'where are they now' on occasions.

I suppose many of us could fire up a quick list of names of 'posters' that pop into our heads.

Not to the extreme where I wanted start a thread though titled 'Missing Posters - where are they now' but it does get you thinking atleast, where are they now!?

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

You're not supposed to say that anymore. 

Oh, no offence intended of course and leaving out the political stuff.

But as a whole - England, Ireland, Rep of Ireland, Scotland & Wales. I class us all as one anyway.

Again, I'm sure we could all give those other countries a run for their money in the drinking game.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

this is basically the only record of my being around at all.

This is definitely my angle of thought on it. I mean I've done things which are recorded in official documents and some things in local papers, but they don't give a good picture of me in the slightest. As a person. Whereas here, if people were remotely interested they'd get a pretty good sense of what makes me tick, my likes, my dislikes, my politics and so on.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think about topping myself quite often

You’re a lot better person and more valuable than you think, or must think, you are. Don’t top yourself, or at least if you do, can I have your telly?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think about the death thing a lot, as I think about topping myself quite often and this is basically the only record of my being around at all.

Completely agree with what @blandysaid, don't top yourself. Never met you but always enjoy your posts and if you did who is going to keep the MCU thread on track.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I think about the death thing a lot, as I think about topping myself quite often and this is basically the only record of my being around at all.

Don't you bloody dare. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Hey, no way. We can't be a Pratchett man down.  Seriously, get some help if this is playing on your mind a lot. 

Â