Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So if we have indeed ended up paying this debt to secure their releases, the burning question surely is why wasn’t it paid years ago so that the bulk of this detention time could have been avoided?!

Money no object now. Another £400 million ain't gonna make a dent in the debt we have incurred in the last 2-3 years. Just print a bit more money ennit.

38 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Money no object now. Another £400 million ain't gonna make a dent in the debt we have incurred in the last 2-3 years. Just print a bit more money ennit.

£400 million was never going to make any kind of dent in any debt. In global financial terms it's chicken feed

Mind you sending Johnson when he was Foreign Secretary to Iran to sort it out might just have delayed her release by a good few years

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So if we have indeed ended up paying this debt to secure their releases, the burning question surely is why wasn’t it paid years ago so that the bulk of this detention time could have been avoided?!

The UK accepted the court of arbitration finding that they owed the money   , but I think there were various arguments against paying it , one was EU sanctions meant we couldn't legally pay it ( Pre Brexit), at least according to the Uk lawyers  and the other was  that the MOD felt the money would be used for funding the Revolutionary Guards .. I don't know how government works tbh  but it does seem that the MOD were the main protagonists in stopping the payments 

There were some discussions few years back about paying Iran with medicines and hospital equipment rather than hard cash but that seemed to go nowhere 

59 minutes ago, hippo said:

Are strip o grams still a thing ? 

I usually by o grams individually but occasionally I will buy a whole strip if I'm feeling flush. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

More equal and less rich.

im not convinced, i think the money would still be crazy but probably less organised 

I do think the cyclical nature of it would be more apparent so the equal element of it in that respect i agree with - in 30 years were looking at man utd finishing outside the top 4 maybe 5 times? in the last 10 or 20 years chelsea and man city the same? liverpool and arsenal not finshed outside the top 10 in 20 years+? i dont think that would happen

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

im not convinced, i think the money would still be crazy but probably less organised 

I do think the cyclical nature of it would be more apparent so the equal element of it in that respect i agree with - in 30 years were looking at man utd finishing outside the top 4 maybe 5 times? in the last 10 or 20 years chelsea and man city the same? liverpool and arsenal not finshed outside the top 10 in 20 years+? i dont think that would happen

I agree, I think it would be more corrupt too

Ah it's almost "pointless engerland friendly" time, which means the usual suspect will make a thread about it Other Football. 

Everyone will disect it for hilarious typos then not read it again as no one cares. 

4 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ah it's almost "pointless engerland friendly" time, which means the usual suspect will make a thread about it Other Football. 

Everyone will disect it for hilarious typos then not read it again as no one cares. 

I've got "he's shit" ready on copy and paste because I can't type it that often that quick 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why do I say "fish & chips twice" 

I don't apply it to anything else for example I don't say "a pint of lager twice" or  "a cup of coffee twice" ?

Fixed that. 

I would say 2 portions of fish and chips please.

Actually I wouldn't, I'd more likely say one portion of Roe and Chips and one pasty and chips please. 

• Like 1

Â