Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 18/02/2022 at 18:06, bickster said:

Blackpool says Hi

Oh and there's also Edinburgh Rock, which is not the same

My Scottish Step Grandad always used to give us some Edinburgh Rock when he visited Scotchland. I used to love it as a kid. 

On 19/02/2022 at 04:58, HanoiVillan said:

A question for non-British members: do you know, without looking it up, what 'a stick of Brighton rock' is? I'm especially interested in N American posters, but really all non-Brits.

A stick down under is slang for a gram of marijuana, and rock refers in slang to crack cocaine or methamphetamine.

I'm going to guess that's one wild concoction of all sorts of messed up in Brighton on any given night, then.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

A stick down under is slang for a gram of marijuana, and rock refers in slang to crack cocaine or methamphetamine.

I'm going to guess that's one wild concoction of all sorts of messed up in Brighton on any given night, then.

It's definitely not as much fun as that!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

An odd thought that came across my mind when washing up the other night. If someone else was given control of my life for a day, or a week, with the instruction to improve it, what would they do?

Stop you supporting Villa with all the disappointment you get might be a start 😛😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

An odd thought that came across my mind when washing up the other night. If someone else was given control of my life for a day, or a week, with the instruction to improve it, what would they do?

First of,buy a dishwasher. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Set the alarm for fairly early, a top quality wank out of the way nice n early. Exercise. Shower.

Then do a task you’ve been putting off that’s actually in reality fairly easy to achieve (paint a wall, deep clean the cooker, prep a slow cooker meal).

All the above on a tick list on the fridge, striking them off as they are achieved.

Free time from mid afternoon as a reward if all boxes ticked.

Draw up a similar but very slightly more demanding list for the following day.

Rinse and repeat.

Never misunderestimate the power of the post it note to do list.

spacer.png

Edited by chrisp65

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Something happening? You would think it would be mentioned somewhere. Suspect it's been mentioned briefly in some on topic thread. 

Some mod somewhere probably just presumes we’re all **** psychic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Have everybody updated their logins?

I didn't think any updating was required? Previously you could log in with either your username or your email, now you can only use your email. What's the big deal? 

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m running 6 or 7 accounts, far easier to remember who you are when you put the user name in than some bot email address.

Accidentally posted a juvenile trans toilets joke yesterday whilst pretending to be a Scandinavian death metal fan. 

The true identity of messilad12 revealed. ach y fi

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I didn't think any updating was required? Previously you could log in with either your username or your email, now you can only use your email. What's the big deal? 

That's what I thought, and it's what I'm going with.   If I'm wrong, it's been nice knowin' ya, lads.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m running 6 or 7 accounts, far easier to remember who you are when you put the user name in than some bot email address.

Accidentally posted a juvenile trans toilets joke yesterday whilst pretending to be a Scandinavian death metal fan. 

I'm now trying to work out which Scandinavian Death Metal fan you are. Should have chosen something more niche for Villatalk. 

• Like 1

Â