Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Not something I often wonder but yesterday, as I was pulling out of the car park at Heathrow, I saw a 747 abort a landing at the very last minute and then bank away to circle round and try again. Two minutes up the road and a bunch of fire engines come screaming past clearly on their way to the scene. Made me wonder how frequently planes get into trouble but get away without issue.

Not something I often wonder but yesterday, as I was pulling out of the car park at Heathrow, I saw a 747 abort a landing at the very last minute and then bank away to circle round and try again. Two minutes up the road and a bunch of fire engines come screaming past clearly on their way to the scene. Made me wonder how frequently planes get into trouble but get away without issue.

Not too often I would say, otherwise every time you would have 300 plus passengers telling everyone about it and people would start going by sea.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/heathrow-airport-fire-cargo-carrier-bursts-into-flames-near-jet-airways-boeing-777-1447511

• Like 1

meh planes are fine

aborted landings are "common"  and not necessarily a sign of impeding doom 

I've been on 2  ... one because another plane hadn't cleared the runway  and another into Quito because the pilot hadn't lined up correctly or something ( tbf the old Quito airport was deemed to be one of the most difficult (and dangerous) around )

aborted take off's would be of more concern to me I think  ...

I HATE flying over huge areas of ocean where your constantly over water for hours. Its my worst nightmare crashing into the ocean, also not to keen on bad turbulence.

I think the chance of you surviving your next flight are something like  99.9999815%. 

I like those odds  ......

• Like 1

Â