Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If there was a DNA register that was free to go on and be kept on would you go on it ?

If all the normal people with nothing to hide went on to it,  then surely all detection of crimes would become easier and faster ?

Eventually it would hopefully be the normal thing to do at say aged 18.

(Maybe even a small decrease in a tax to encourage take up (Something tiny,  like 0.5% of one of the many taxes) (Logic is that the person on the database would never need to be interviewed or even looked at so thus reducing the investigation time and helping justice be more efficient?)

No

I've seen 6th day and I don't want to come home and find clone me scoffing my secret stash of Toblerone

also No because I just wouldn't trust the organisation responsible for it keeping it secure

I'm registered on Iris Scan at Uk airports and I've been finger printed in the US and Kuwait  on arrival and not overly concerned by either .. but DNA is a different kettle of fish

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this Tony cloning either ;)

it's given away my user name now as well

Tonyh30 will be along once they iron out the defects ... it may take a while :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't like the sound of this Tony cloning either ;)

it's given away my user name now as well

Tonyh30 will be along once they iron out the defects ... it may take a while :)

So eventually we'll have a fully functioning Labour voting Tony? ;)

No. It would be administered by the police and I don't know about the UK but they are a complete clowns over here. Would not trust them at all. 

The database would go missing on a memory stick somewhere. Woops.

• Like 1

No. It would be administered by the police and I don't know about the UK but they are a complete clowns over here. Would not trust them at all. 

The database would go missing on a memory stick somewhere. Woops.

There isn't much you can do with DNA at present. Once someone "loses" your iris scans or fingerprints, you're pretty screwed.

I quite like the idea of a squadron of me's. I reckon the world would be a better place for it. I could fight crime.

that would be good, because I've heard there's mountain evidence of a crime being committed loads of times. So more people on mountains, standing on tea trays, capable of sliding about a lot looking for stuff seems like the missing weapon in the fight against snowy criminal masterminds
  • Like 2

Â