Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the Ancelotti thing is smoke and mirrors at all, after all there are direct quotes from him stating that he's taking time out of management, as far as I'm concerned that rules him out and makes it rather foolish to think otherwise.

I remember Harry Redknapp saying the same thing when he quit Southampton a few years back, only for him to take the managers job at their bitter rivals Portsmouth 2 days later...

Mazrim...Why do ALL your posts end with a bitchy remark??

Theres just no need. Grow up.

:?

They dont. Why do you keep refering to people as children though whilst we're on the subject?

i think you answered your own question there pal.

No, not really. Surely somebody ranting at supposed inaction based on inaccurate information a few days into preseason and calling people "**** incompetent" isn't claiming to be more mature than others?

Sorry about the 3am stuff guys I thought the "sleep well" at the end of my post was a giveaway that it was a wind-up :crylaugh::crylaugh: didn't realize I'd catch so many people ! :crylaugh:

Anyway back on topic - why haven't we appointed Benitez yet?

Oh, good one.

Banhammer?

I didn't even know about this 3am stuff, I went to bed yesterday around 8pm, but ended up waking up around 2:30am because of the silly time I went to bed...I noticed a lot of people on VT then...Haha I wasn't on for that reason as I knew nothing about it.

I was zzzzzzing long before then but it was a completely lame thing to do.

Folk are hypervigilant this time of year. Especially this summer.

I don't think the Ancelotti thing is smoke and mirrors at all, after all there are direct quotes from him stating that he's taking time out of management, as far as I'm concerned that rules him out and makes it rather foolish to think otherwise.

MM is often touted as being the big ITK on this board, but what has he actually got right in the past? Not knocking him or anything, I just genuinely don't know.

He got a hell of a lot right! He knew about the Bent deal way before it was announced.

I remember Harry Redknapp saying the same thing when he quit Southampton a few years back, only for him to take the managers job at their bitter rivals Portsmouth 2 days later...

Yeah but we all know how dodgy 'Appy 'Arry is! Doubt the same applies to Carlo.

Can somebody copy and paste MM's post

Mazrim get a sense of humour !!

MYSTERYMAN

parks player

Re: Who Should be Aston Villa Manager ?

« Reply #2169 on: Today at 12:37:50 PM »Smokescreens and mirrors . Villa maybe just not very happy about Ancelotti story and GH story being leaked a little prematurely thus throw a banana skin in (- Logged

Randy Lerner places a great deal of faith in the actual face to face interview of a management candidate. When he appointed Eric Mangini as Brown's coach in 2009 it was after a "compelling" interview in which EM was said to have fascinated RL.

The slight problem with trying to identify a candidate who totally shares your vision in an interview, is that less talented candidates may be better at bullsh*tting than their better qualified competitors.

I agree with this.. Was Mangenius a popular choice with the fans at the time? or was it against popular opinion?

I believe Mangini was third favorite on RL's list of three behind Cowher and Pioli. Fan's were split between those who thought that he was too young and inexperienced and also would not be liked by the squad, and those that thought that his time with Bob Belichick might stand him in good stead. Fans turned against him almost immediately after a bad start to the season.

The recent appointment of Pat Shurmur as Mangini's successor was handled by the vastly experienced Mike Holmgren rather than RL and was a surprisingly quick process. Brown's fans seem considerably more upbeat about the coming season.

I get the impression that Randy would love to implement the Browns system at Villa, with an experienced veteran DOF overseeing the signings and strategic planning, while a younger quality coach would be in charge of the day to day stuff. However that doesn't seem to be popular this side of the pond.

Its going to be Paul Lambert accoring to a very reliable source

He just signed an extention at Norwich didn't he, I'm sure I read something about a week ago.

Norwich tonight confirmed manager Paul Lambert has signed a "new and improved" contract.

The Canaries are set to return to the Premier League for the first time since 2005 after securing back-to-back promotions under Lambert, who took charge in August 2009 with the Norfolk club near the foot of League One.

The 41-year-old Scot - who attracted an official approach from Burnley earlier in the season and emerged as a reported target for managerless West Ham - has been in lengthy discussions with the board over improvements to his rolling 12-month deal.

Independent

Can't believe I'm saying this.... But I'm coming round to the idea of Benitez. Watched some his old interviews on you tube. I like the way he creates a siege type mentality and his belief in his team.

How many pages do you think this thread will get to before we have an official announcement of a manager. We should start a pool. Im gonna go for an announcement of page 632.

Anyone else got a guess?

It'll be much lower than that as this, and probably its replacement thread will be locked before an appointment is made.