Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Thats my concern TBH. - its all very well taking your time - but what actually are they doing - waiting for postal applications.

I've logged on to Monster everyday and its still not come up.

Maybe we should have a mass CV sending in session with every VT'er sending a hard copy of their CV to Villa Park and see whether the club responds?

On second thoughts, what happens if Ancelotti's application gets lost in amongst all the others??

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the Ancelotti ship has sailed its got to be Moyes for me. However if we cant get Moyes to leave Everton I'd take any of Hughes, Rijkaard or Benitez.

I know many on here dont like Benitez due to the Barry saga but he was just looking out for the club he was at the time. He's a good manager with interantional standing, we could do a lot worse - step forward Mr McLaren!

If the Wally with the Brolley pitches up at Villa Park I'm gonna go start following tiddlywinks instead!

It annoys me when all these people say we need to be patient. "oh, Houllier's only been gone a few days".

Now in the case of MON, fair enough, it needed time. But in this case when, at the very least, we've had a good idea that Houllier would be leaving most big companies would have a very good idea of the list of replacements ready should that situation arise. It just makes sense. I'd hate to think Villa didn't even plan for a very likely set of circumstances.

So really, most of the research, short-listing and due diligence (for want of a better word) should have been done BEFORE Houllier left. It is perfectly reasonable to do in the circumstances and could easily have been thrown away should Houllier have remained.

So considering that now should be done, the actual process of getting the man in should be day to day until we find someone who wants to take this collapsing team on and then a week maybe to dot i and cross t's extra.

Under that time scale it should be all done and dusted THIS week. What could possibly take longer than that? Talk of it taking to end of June is ridiculous. We've all had a pretty good idea Houllier was leaving since April - those at the club probably had an even better idea and should at least have planned for a 'worst case scenario'.

How can it take a team over 2 months to find a new manager if this speculation of it taking a couple more weeks be true? Time will be a killer on this one and make fans, sponsors, ticket sales and players very nervous about the future.

Is it only in England that the comment no one has approached me and I haven't spoken to anyone could be turned into ancelotti would rather be on holiday than at villa?

Unfortunately I really don't have faith that the club will appoint someone that I agree with

I genuinely believe that we haven't approached anyone YET! I think the Ancelotti reports were premature, I think these McClaren reports are premature. I think once Randy lands in the country, then we will know. Why would we approach a manager with our chairman out of the country? We haven't approached Ancelotti YET, but who is to say on Wednesday Randy won't request a meeting with him? Every manager has their price and could possibly be convinced. I genuinely believe we won't even interview McClaren and we will appoint someone of a good calibre. Just need to be patient, anything can happen and we need to trust Randy.

Ancelotti would have been great.

Failing that Moyes, Hughes, Jol or Rijkard for me.

Alternatives are Coyle and Martinez, maybe with a DOF above them??

But the FSW would be nearly as bad as McLaren ...... and that's a fact.

It annoys me when all these people say we need to be patient. "oh, Houllier's only been gone a few days".

Now in the case of MON, fair enough, it needed time. But in this case when, at the very least, we've had a good idea that Houllier would be leaving most big companies would have a very good idea of the list of replacements ready should that situation arise. It just makes sense. I'd hate to think Villa didn't even plan for a very likely set of circumstances.

So really, most of the research, short-listing and due diligence (for want of a better word) should have been done BEFORE Houllier left. It is perfectly reasonable to do in the circumstances and could easily have been thrown away should Houllier have remained.

So considering that now should be done, the actual process of getting the man in should be day to day until we find someone who wants to take this collapsing team on and then a week maybe to dot i and cross t's extra.

Under that time scale it should be all done and dusted THIS week. What could possibly take longer than that? Talk of it taking to end of June is ridiculous. We've all had a pretty good idea Houllier was leaving since April - those at the club probably had an even better idea and should at least have planned for a 'worst case scenario'.

How can it take a team over 2 months to find a new manager if this speculation of it taking a couple more weeks be true? Time will be a killer on this one and make fans, sponsors, ticket sales and players very nervous about the future.

Agree with every word - good post. 2 theories

1.We are waiting for Hughes

2.We aren't good at manager hunting.

Do you work in the football industry, or within Aston Villa?

Agree with every word - good post. 2 theories

1.We are waiting for Hughes

2.We aren't good at manager hunting.

I honestly believe that if we wait any longer than the end of this week then we are simply waiting for hughes, I mean its not like there is much to sort out at this club is there? THERES **** LOADS

This is why i still think its Mark Hughes, since i can not belive the club would let things linger :winkold:

frank rijkaard is the man to help our club reach its potential he will develop and bring young ones in just like at barcelona.

Give him a shot in the prem im sure he'll do what villa have been missing.

Other than Barcelona isn't his management record somewhat lacking?