Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hold out much hope for Moyes. If the board couldn't persuade and out of work Ancellotti out of a year out - then the chances of them persauding Moyes to quit a club he has been at for 9 year would seem to be almost zero.

We either waiting on Hughes or as I fear Faulkner and Randy really don't much idea in the manager recruitment business

Smetrov, Ancelloti is a multi millionaire who KNOWS he will have the pick of top European club at some stage. He is not a fool to jump at the first offer made to him. I don't believe the club thought he was a genuine possibility but merely felt they had to make the approach. They will not make public any approaches as that means who ever gets the job is 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.

Ancellotti has bottled it simple as, knew it would be a challenge as he doesn't just walk into a squad which he did at other clubs.

That's one way of looking at it. Others would be ...

1. We haven't approached him

2. We have approached him but he wasn't enthused with what we had to say

3. He really wants a year off

I'd say all 3 are more plausible than he's 'bottled it'

Depressing to get in from work to hear that Ancelotti is taking a break. I am now fearing the worst scenario, which would involve getting McClaren, Benitez or Curbishley...

Ancellotti has bottled it simple as, knew it would be a challenge as he doesn't just walk into a squad which he did at other clubs.

....LOL. Not sure thats the case.

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup Final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

Would you be happy with Mcleish?

Finished as high as 9th with Brum (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup..

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them to a UEFA Cup final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

7th isn't that impressive, was this during the period of time when Boro were spending quite a bit of money? It was arguably easier to finish 7th then, less money in the Premier League. I remeber when we smashed them 4 nill at their place while he was their manager, certainly wasn't thinking, even at that point in time, I would want this guy as manager.

His most recent job Wolfsburg, from 21 games, he had a win % of 23%. Shocking seen as that team won the league just a season before he joined. Lets not forget that he also managed to not qualify to Euro 2008 with perhaps one of the 4 best teams in Europe at the time, England.

Fair play he did well in Holland for a season, I'll give him that, can't say to know much about the state of Twente before he joined apart from they were already in the champions league.

If he was foriegn with his record and inconsistancy, I would want him even less at the club.

The only thing that I'm rather puzzled about regarding Ancelotti, which no-one seems to have mentioned is...

If Ancelotti has decided to take a 12 month sebatical... why did he supposedly accept a lower settlement from Abramovich for refusing to include a clause in the settlement contract stating he wouldn't work for another PL club for a period of 1 year, as reported last week.

If both of these reports are true, then the guys actions make little sense, unless of course he's had a complete change of heart, which he is entitled to after all.

Still it's all still rather confusing, I must say.

Dunno about anybody else but im sick to death of the constant faffing around. I thought that trait had gone out of the window when MoN left but obviously not.

Faffing around ? Houllier has only been gone for a week, what do you expect a scenario where we approach a manager, offer him a salary, and he signs ?

Get real, these things take time, have you never been interviewed for a job ? These things all take time for ordinary people, i've been involved in negotiations that have taken months, as have i'm sure many others on here.

I actually want our board to get the right man, while I understand the public demands action I think we should all have some patience, and trust in the board.

If Ancellotti is not interested, is that really the boards fault ?

No. I was referring to the fact that the board knew ages ago about houlliers bad health and looking at how houllier eventually left (lets not forget he actually wanted to carry on) the board were looking to get rid anyway, so surely would have sounded out a replacement some time ago.

How do you know they didn't ?

You can sounds somebody out, but until there's a vacancy you don't have anything to offer.

Steve mclaren is the man to take this club to the next level. He got England playing again and he can get the villa playing again.

I've always thought you were a nose now I'm sure!

If we are ruling out Hughes, then Fulham have to rule out O'Neill.

It's only fair.

If Fulham appoint O'Neill, then we should appoint Hughes.

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup Final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

Would you be happy with Mcleish?

Finished as high as 9th with Brum (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup..

I would be happy with McLeish, I think he's a good manager. Don't particularly like his style of football...but thats another matter. You forget with B'ham that he hardly spent any money last season (mainly loans) and their best defender (Dann) was injured for half the season.