Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Anybody who puts the likes of Jol and Hughes above Benitez need to educate themselves. Here, let me assist:

Spain U-19 League (1): 1993

Spain U-19 Cup (2): 1991, 1993

Extremadura

Segunda División

Promotion (1): 1997–98

Tenerife

Segunda División (1): 2000–01

Valencia

La Liga (2): 2001–02, 2003–04

UEFA Cup (1): 2003–04

Liverpool

UEFA Champions League (1): 2004–05

FA Cup (1): 2005–06

FA Community Shield (1): 2006

UEFA Super Cup (1): 2005

---------------------------------------------------------

A winner if ever there was one. I hope this helps with your education.

Whats he been up to for the last 6 years? Did he go on holiday?

No, he won two more trophies for Inter Milan:

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno about anybody else but im sick to death of the constant faffing around. I thought that trait had gone out of the window when MoN left but obviously not.

Faffing around ? Houllier has only been gone for a week, what do you expect a scenario where we approach a manager, offer him a salary, and he signs ?

Get real, these things take time, have you never been interviewed for a job ? These things all take time for ordinary people, i've been involved in negotiations that have taken months, as have i'm sure many others on here.

I actually want our board to get the right man, while I understand the public demands action I think we should all have some patience, and trust in the board.

If Ancellotti is not interested, is that really the boards fault ?

The longer this goes on (I know its not exactly been an age yet) and the fact Carlo says he wasnt even contacted (though you cant be sure this is the case) I get the feeling that Hughes is going to get the job.

Officially of course Hughes cant be talking to Villa and visa versa but I wouldnt be surprised at all if its pretty much a done deal. Who else does Hughes think will give him a job above above us in the prem?

Im not dead against him taking over but cant say im excited about it either.

Now it looks like Carlo joining is dead in the water the only "realistic" potential manager id like to see in charge is Moyes. Gets the most out of his squad and spends well when he is allowed. Perhaps not a big enough name to keep Young at the club but the flipside of that is someone like Rafa and id rather Hughes to him. Wouldnt trust rafa to spend a tenner...

Anyone else rather concerned by Rafa's transfers though? I mean why did he buy Keane and try to get Barry? Where was the logic in that?

Not to mention some of his bizarre substitutions!

Whose fault was it Alonso left for Real Madrid? According to all the reports...FSW was well and truly to blame.

Rafa opened his mouth that he wanted Barry. Alonso, who'd been apparently perfectly happy up until this point, got miffed and unsettled. Barry ended up going to Middle Eastlands and Alonso ended up with a better tan.

Liverpool were never the same team after Alonso left IMHO.

I certainly don't want a parade of second rate foreign signings walking through the gates of BMH neither.

He is by all accounts a genuinely nice bloke is Mr Benitez, which doesn't always come across in interviews, but still for the reasons just given, I'd have doubts as to his merits as a football manager for AVFC.

Sanchez Flores? we was linked with him a few days/week back.. maybe he is on our shortlist?

I was thinking that too. He could do a good job here I think.

If the board decided when they appointed Houllier than Prem League experience is essential, then I don't see how much could of changed in a year... therefore I think Flores should be ruled out.

It would appear to me as if it is a straight race between Hughes, Jol and Benitez if the Ancelotti quotes are accurate.

were talking about rafas bad transfers. i wonder if people on the fulham boards are looking at MONs transfers and are now changing there minds on him.

but people say that rafa is the only one to attract big names but the club itself should be big enough to attract. we are a top PL side, great history, team full of internationals, great chairman with money

Sanchez Flores? we was linked with him a few days/week back.. maybe he is on our shortlist?

Maybe, maybe. But who knows.

We've gone from a list of

Moyes/Hughes/Ancelotti/Benitez

to McClaren/Jol/Martinez...

I think every journo is just throwing names into the ring now....And although he seems to be on the money more often than not; Mat Kendrick seems to be playing a guessing game as well. Is that a smoke-screen ploy as he is so close to Villa sources ...Who knows. Usually I take his info as gospel but now I'm very sceptical.

One things for sure the Bookmakers are loving this. All the names that have been banded about...All they do is drop their odds accordingly; gamblers read into the decrease in odds....resulting in massive massive bets to try and make some sort of profit on it believing they are dead certs.....

I'd stick an outside bet on Sanchez Flores if I could find a bookmaker offering any odds..

I'll be very depressed if we get McClaren. Even at Boro (where he was supposedly great) he had loads of money given to him and his win percentage was 38%.

No **** thank you. I really don't like the smarmy clearing in the woods and I don't want him as our manager.

But he was at Boro, what do you expect? A 50% win rate? He is a good manager, he has a league title to his name aswell as a league cup, both with small clubs too. He may not be my number 1 choice, but he is a very good manager and should be backed by supporters if he's appointed.

No, he won two more trophies for Inter Milan:

Internazionale

Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2010

FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2010

Ahhh.. although on a little investigating I see Inter won the Supercoppa after Rafa had only been in the job a couple of weeks. And the FIFA Club World Cup thing was against some... unsual.. 'competition'.

Dunno about anybody else but im sick to death of the constant faffing around. I thought that trait had gone out of the window when MoN left but obviously not.

Faffing around ? Houllier has only been gone for a week, what do you expect a scenario where we approach a manager, offer him a salary, and he signs ?

Get real, these things take time, have you never been interviewed for a job ? These things all take time for ordinary people, i've been involved in negotiations that have taken months, as have i'm sure many others on here.

I actually want our board to get the right man, while I understand the public demands action I think we should all have some patience, and trust in the board.

If Ancellotti is not interested, is that really the boards fault ?

No. I was referring to the fact that the board knew ages ago about houlliers bad health and looking at how houllier eventually left (lets not forget he actually wanted to carry on) the board were looking to get rid anyway, so surely would have sounded out a replacement some time ago.

Rafa has done well with reforming the youth system at Liverpool, some decent young players now coming through thanks a lot down to his hardwork, or so I hear from fans. Bar Moyes, Rafa seems like the best choice in the list of favourites. Definatley is a manager who has it in him. He had a poor season with Liverpool and a few poor months with Inter. He won't be expected to win the league or champs league with us in his first season like at Inter though. Each time I see him on TV, he looks like he is itching to get back into managing in the Premier League. Will want to prove a point that he is still a top manager. I would be happy with Rafa. He is still relatively young, only just turned 51. Not sure about Martin Jol, he's a nice bloke, but his honors make dismal reading, hear mixed things from Spurs fan regarding him.