Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suddenly the idea of appointing Hughes is far more attractive.

Once the Chelsea situation is sorted, then I think we'll be in for him. (Chelsea could appoint him as coach or take Harry, leaving the Spurs job open).

Anyone know where you can get the best odds on Carlo... im still hopin this might come true and i know the odds are going out on him, best i can find is 14/1

33's at betfair mate.

also:

30/1 betdaq

29/1 - 32 red

20/1 - betfred and bodog

Anyone know where you can get the best odds on Carlo... im still hopin this might come true and i know the odds are going out on him, best i can find is 14/1

You can get odds 33/1 @ Betfair.

I cant say no to that. Hopefully they do one of them bet 20 quid and well match it for new customers. Im of to stick 40 quid on carlo.

Stranger things have happened, especially at Villa.

So can the ITK people who said Anceoletti is coming to stand please stand up...?

You all should have listened to my ITK.

I said I dont know nothing, the players dont know nothing and most of the staff know nothing. I was 100% correct!

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup Final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

Would you be happy with Mcleish?

Finished as high as 9th with Brum (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup..

I would be happy with McLeish, I think he's a good manager. Don't particularly like his style of football...but thats another matter. You forget with B'ham that he hardly spent any money last season (mainly loans) and their best defender (Dann) was injured for half the season.

I can only say that I am glad that you are not choosing our manager. Oh and he actually spent a fair bit last summer, both Zigic and Foster were 6m each I think.

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup Final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

Finished as high as 9th with Brum (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them into the UEFA Cup..

I would be happy with McLeish, I think he's a good manager. Don't particularly like his style of football...but thats another matter. You forget with B'ham that he hardly spent any money last season (mainly loans) and their best defender (Dann) was injured for half the season.

This is why your called the Joker yeah :?

In light of the McClaren rumours, my sadness at Houllier's departure continues to grow.

Damn it, the old sod probably had any number of gems from the continent lined up for us over the summer. Dare I say he had probably already reached verbal agreement for a number of targets, like he did with Makoun.

I don't hold out much hope for Moyes. If the board couldn't persuade and out of work Ancellotti out of a year out - then the chances of them persauding Moyes to quit a club he has been at for 9 year would seem to be almost zero.

We either waiting on Hughes or as I fear Faulkner and Randy really don't much idea in the manager recruitment business

Smetrov, Ancelloti is a multi millionaire who KNOWS he will have the pick of top European club at some stage. He is not a fool to jump at the first offer made to him. I don't believe the club thought he was a genuine possibility but merely felt they had to make the approach. They will not make public any approaches as that means who ever gets the job is 2nd, 3rd or 4th choice.

I agree with what you are saying. My point was I don't see Faulkner and Randy as being great at selling the vision of Aston Villa to him. Even Doug managed to Lure Graham Taylor (top rated manager at the time) and Ron Atkinson from a team he had just won the league cup with.

Last August may have taken them by surprise - but this time they probably knew they were going to manager hunting since April - yet the word is they are 'taking there time' ....

Steve mclaren is the man to take this club to the next level. He got England playing again and he can get the villa playing again.

I've always thought you were a nose now I'm sure!

I'm not a "nose" I'm just a big fan of steves and I think he could build a dynasty here.

So can the ITK people who said Anceoletti is coming to stand please stand up...?

I said I dont know nothing, the players dont know nothing and most of the staff know nothing. I was 100% correct!

I believed you! :lol:

If we are ruling out Hughes, then Fulham have to rule out O'Neill.

It's only fair.

If Fulham appoint O'Neill, then we should appoint Hughes.

Why's that then?

Well apaarently Randy is good friends with Al Fayed.

So he doesn't want to appoint Hughes because he has "wronged" his friend and his friends clubs.

Well in reality, he did nothing but resign/quit/walk away etc which is he perfectly within his rights to do.

This is the same thing that MON did.

If we are ruling out Hughes for "wronging" Fulham, then Fulham need to rule out MON for "wronging" Villa.

If Fulham approach/appoint MON etc then we should have no qualms about doing the same with regards Hughes.

In fact, we should be going after Hughes regardless.

Who cares about Fulham and their crazy MJ loving owner?

^^

Plus, your point doesn't really work because McClaren never got anyone relegated.

For the Ancileoletti folk who said he was coming to town..!

I am sure you are correct...!