Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

I think we should just wait until July and get Hughes.

He's the best manager available imo.

Its pretty close to pre season.

Unless everything has been agreed beforehand, and he is actually working on things beforehand, then i think its risky.

I don't think it is.

Hughes' didn't take over at Fulham until 29th July last year and they finished 8th.

Even last year with 4 managers we finished 9th.

We could appoint Hughes at the start of the July.

That gives him more than a month until the Premier League starts and two months of the transfer window.

I think that's sufficient time tbh...

Maybe.

Especially if is already identifying whom he wants to keep or sell, and where to strengthen.

Who knows, he could be looking through video of our games at this moment, though i would imagine hes been briefed and knows a bit about us anyway.

Will see.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is alarming that Kendrick finishes his article with "Villa will now turn their attention to a field of candidates believed to include Martin Jol, Roberto Martinez and Steve McClaren."

i mean ffs.

IF true then it casts a gloomy shadow on our club. A pathetic shortlist

That said, i'd rather bite the bullet and go for Martinez out of that lot. The other two haven't pulled up any trees and I like Martinez's style.

But, any of those 3 would see a decline in attendances and no chance of any of our wantawayee's changing their minds.

The board seem to have huge problems with regards enticing the right quality management to the club thats certain

Is it what we offer, or is it to do with the way we conduct business with them ?

It is alarming that Kendrick finishes his article with "Villa will now turn their attention to a field of candidates believed to include Martin Jol, Roberto Martinez and Steve McClaren."

i mean ffs.

I feel your pain

Have to admit as much as ive criticised Benitez he suddenly isn't looking THAT bad of an option.. after reading that .

Rafa is above all of them. I don't care what you lot think of him.

Yep, I'm certainly coming round to this way of thinking. In the cold, hard light of day, he is significantly more qualified than any of the other runners and riders.

I'll be very depressed if we get McClaren. Even at Boro (where he was supposedly great) he had loads of money given to him and his win percentage was 38%.

No **** thank you. I really don't like the smarmy clearing in the woods and I don't want him as our manager.

Moyes is too 'safe' where he is. I'm struggling now to pick the outstanding candidate, so I suppose any of them could do a job of sorts for us.

Just as long as it is'nt Mclaren.

I think with Rafa if he appoints the right "number 2" then he will do well imo.. you have to admit he looks a good candidate but I think he needs to get his "number 2" right for it to work.. I think Houllier got things wrong there aswell fwiw.