dudevillaisnice

I personally think Everton are at a similar crossroads to us around 2010/11.

Back then we sold Young and Downing of course and plummeted.

People like Lukaku, Barkley and Stones aren't going to be wanting to play mid table football for ever as plenty of CL clubs want them so that's the standard you need to get to sharpish I'd suggest.

Where Everton do well however is they always scout and find players who can take their place and develop over time so they never tend to drop that far down in the league. 

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I like Everton and hope it works out for them.

I'm just struggling to see why an "astute businessman" will pour hundreds of millions into something that only turns a profit in very rare occurrences (eg. Man Utd).

Don't get your "Everton Champions of Europe" tattoo just yet.

Cos as I said, from what I've heard, he's not really in it for the money. He has his other businesses going on for that...

I really really like Everton as a club, have always had a soft spot for them and they are a club I hugely admire, and I've always felt that feeling was generally mutual between the two clubs. I know a lot of Everton fans and always have a good chat about football with them.

Though, one thing about their fans annoyed me yesterday.... and that was the "You're **** shit" chant (Which I think is the worst chant to ever exist within football), but there was really no need for that was there :lol: . It's not as if we don't know that already, we've won 3 games all season ffs.

Though fair play on their apparent clapping of our protest and Lerner out chants, though I didn't see it myself but I was quite far away.

Edited by PieFacE

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I really really like Everton as a club, have always had a soft spot for them and they are a club I hugely admire, and I've always felt that feeling was generally mutual between the two clubs. I know a lot of Everton fans and always have a good chat about football with them.

Though, one thing about their fans annoyed me yesterday.... and that was the "You're **** shit" chant (Which I think is the worst chant to ever exist within football), but there was really no need for that was there :lol: . It's not as if we don't know that already, we've won 3 games all season ffs.

Though fair play on their apparent clapping of our protest and Lerner out chants, though I didn't see it myself but I was quite far away.

Rach fanbase has a few banterish fans, but overal Everton are a great club. Would rather see them do well than the likes of leicester and spurs

if you could pair clubs up that suit  and mirror each other,then villa and everton would be paired together. very similiar in terms of honours,grandness,support etc. i respect everton as a club more than any other club and hope they can get back to being great again. regarding spurs and leicester. spurs are a great club but i dont like their arrogant fans, and leicester ive never really liked as a club and their fans have a right chip on their shoulder at the moment but who can blame them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

Cos as I said, from what I've heard, he's not really in it for the money. He has his other businesses going on for that...

I think you're being a bit naive tbh. There are very few who are not in it for money.

Abramovic

Abu Dhabi Utd

Qatar Sports Ventures

.... all INCREDIBLY wealthy.

IF he was serious about pissing away a load of money on a Premier League plaything then he'd have bought the lot.

Time will tell. Its good news for Everton I think given where they are with their current owner, but I can't realistically see them doing much above where they currently are.

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think you're being a bit naive tbh. There are very few who are not in it for money.

Abramovic

Abu Dhabi Utd

Qatar Sports Ventures

.... all INCREDIBLY wealthy.

IF he was serious about pissing away a load of money on a Premier League plaything then he'd have bought the lot.

Time will tell. Its good news for Everton I think given where they are with their current owner, but I can't realistically see them doing much above where they currently are.

There is an already an agreement in place for him to increase his stake.

Obviously, there are no guarantees...but industry insiders say it is an extremely wise appointment. 

1) banks will loan money for a stadium with someone of his wealth behind us which they wouldn't before

and 2) he knows a lot of wealthy people, and commercial partnerships. 

I'm not saying it's going to be perfect, but it's very promising. 

I don't see him taking the club much further than a return to their regular top 8 status and the occasional challenge for the top 4. 

I don't think *most* Everton fans will mind that so much, even if they are hoping for more right now. I certainly wouldn't and they certainly shouldn't sniff at it.

As an aside - Their fans last night were fantastic. Not just in their actions during the game (which might have been different had the score been) but beforehand too. Though I did have to tell one guy to not feel quite so sorry for us, we will sort ourselves out I'm sure.  They will be missed. 

Edit - except for one **** idiot who gloated that he wasn't bothered because they were OK now. I responded with "that's what we thought" to which he replied "ours is a Paki not a Yank". All clubs have them though eh...

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't see him taking the club much further than a return to their regular top 8 status and the occasional challenge for the top 4. 

I don't think *most* Everton fans will mind that so much, even if they are hoping for more right now. I certainly wouldn't and they certainly shouldn't sniff at it.

As an aside - Their fans last night were fantastic. Not just in their actions during the game (which might have been different had the score been) but beforehand too. Though I did have to tell one guy to not feel quite so sorry for us, we will sort ourselves out I'm sure.  They will be missed. 

Edit - except for one **** idiot who gloated that he wasn't bothered because they were OK now. I responded with "that's what we thought" to which he replied "ours is a Paki not a Yank". All clubs have them though eh...

depends on how much investment he puts in. if they can build on what they have in the next couple of seasons,then top 4 is definitely not out of he question. just look at leicester and how they have done,although i do think it will be hard for them to replicate a top 4 challenge next season. spurs are another one,but they have been gradually building a top team season after season,and also have a world class manager which everton dont. with the right players brought in and the right manager(not sure marinez is the right man) then everton really can put themselves amongst the big boys. add to this the possible new stadium which will add revenue. everton are a massive club, and im happy for their loyal fan base, but you only need to look at villa to see how things can go quickly wrong.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

<_<

Every club has them. There was a few racist remarks made by 2 young lads nearby and who went on to celebrate wildly and chant the names of Lennon and Lukaku when they scored... :rolleyes:

They were soon confronted like.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

depends on how much investment he puts in. if they can build on what they have in the next couple of seasons,then top 4 is definitely not out of he question. just look at leicester and how they have done,although i do think it will be hard for them to replicate a top 4 challenge next season. spurs are another one,but they have been gradually building a top team season after season,and also have a world class manager which everton dont. with the right players brought in and the right manager(not sure marinez is the right man) then everton really can put themselves amongst the big boys. add to this the possible new stadium which will add revenue. everton are a massive club, and im happy for their loyal fan base, but you only need to look at villa to see how things can go quickly wrong.

I generally agree, but there are a lot of "ifs" that need to go right, and a decade or so of building, before they can conceivably expect to "do a Spurs". Leicester are an anomaly and impossible to copy. They *might* do a Spurs yeah, I just think it's unlikely. 

oh yeah definitely. spurs have been the perfect model for building a team, they also have a top draw manager which helps a hell of a lot. everton already have some top class players, and are not that far away from being a very good team.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Artetasgirl said:

1) banks will loan money for a stadium with someone of his wealth behind us which they wouldn't beforee

So he's not actually going to bankroll the stadium? Just arrange the loan with the bank. That'll be a £100m+ loan I guess against the club?

On 2 March 2016 at 19:38, Genie said:

So he's not actually going to bankroll the stadium? Just arrange the loan with the bank. That'll be a £100m+ loan I guess against the club?

I don't know as I'm not on the inside of those discussions. I'm merely speculating that we are more attractive for the banks to loan money too if it was so needed than if he wasn't there...

Can read more here if you really want to..

Everton's new major shareholder Farhad Moshiri will prioritise plunging money to the club’s stadium project and gradually increase his stake in the club with a view to a full takeover.

• Like 1

On 6 March 2016 at 04:44, Zatman said:

2-0 up with 10 minutes left and still lost. Martinez is a conman of the highest order

Took off our best player (Lennon) and brought a striker on who has barely played. At 2-0 up, with 10 men, and our fragile nature....joke of a decision.

Time is ticking Roberto, the natives are extremely restless and many have been lost already.

Saturday is huge.

23 minutes ago, Artetasgirl said:

Took off our best player (Lennon) and brought a striker on who has barely played. At 2-0 up, with 10 men, and our fragile nature....joke of a decision.

Time is ticking Roberto, the natives are extremely restless and many have been lost already.

Saturday is huge.

I think this has been a wasted opportunity for Everton this season, Top 4 was open and they are the 3rd highest scorers in the league but have dropped so many points from winning positions. Not just this game but I think Bournemouth, Norwich as well they were in comfortable positions and didnt win

They're a good example of a good squad with a crap manager.

Luckily they have good enough players to get them results.  If it weren't for this incoming investment then I'd have expected them to have lost most of their better players this summer.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think this has been a wasted opportunity for Everton this season, Top 4 was open and they are the 3rd highest scorers in the league but have dropped so many points from winning positions. Not just this game but I think Bournemouth, Norwich as well they were in comfortable positions and didnt win

Don't we know it.

Best squad in 25 years, without question, but no idea how to use it.

Not just those games either. Stoke, Chelsea...City in the cup...that's not to mention Swansea and West Brom home games lately.

We've won 4 home league games this season. 4. Against yourselves, Sunderland, Newcastle and Chelsea, when everyone was beating them! Lost 7, including 5 of the last 7. Conceded the most goals at home in the league, and out of the top 5 'top' divisions across Europe.

Not good enough.

Â