dudevillaisnice

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Martinez is horrific. The squad he has and they're 12th?

The Everton fans mostly agree too. The poll on their main site; 70%+ of them want him gone and reading the posts, most of them hate him.

They have had a Europa cup run, League Cup run and now an FA cup run too. They've played a lot of games. 

I admit they should be doing better, but I bet the money they've spent and the wages they spend are only just in the top 10 compared to other clubs? 

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

They have had a Europa cup run, League Cup run and now an FA cup run too. They've played a lot of games. 

I admit they should be doing better, but I bet the money they've spent and the wages they spend are only just in the top 10 compared to other clubs? 

It isn't even about what they've spent.

Look at the talent they have in that team. And they've won, what, 9 games all season? Less than Bournemouth, Watford, one more than Norwich?

4 wins at home? (Newcastle, Sunderland, Villa being 3 of those)

He's had 3 years and he's taking them backwards,

I'd be fuming if I was an Everton fan and that fraud was manager.

They are us 3 years ago. Without Lukaku's goals, they're be absolutely screwed.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Just read the fan's opinions. They know more about their club than we do and 70% on their biggest forum want him out.

This is a post with many likes on there.

For what it's worth mate. Can we not as evertonians have to differ the plight of undervaluing ourselves?

Moyes was great for 6 years and to went stale soon after the FA Cup final.

Martinez promised us something great, but what we've had is very different. The players don't look fit, nor do they look remotely interested. We slagged off Moyes for his negativity, and one dimension esque style. Yet Martinez is so tactically stubborn, it's forcing himself out of the club.

I think Martinez has lost to much now already. It'd take a lot for the fans to be won over now, even a cup run would only temporarily paper over the cracks.

But despite this being just a forum, a telling sign is that nearly 70% on here (some may not be active who voted initially against him being sacked too) want him to be replaced (or eat cheese on toast), I can't see him ever bringing the good times and he should duly be sacked now.

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/roberto-martinez-discussion-including-live-poll.83793/page-1001

Martinez is just a marketing man, he talks a good game but in reality his tactics and coaching style are deeply flawed. There were strongly sourced rumours that the everton players wanted to spend more time on set pieces as they were conceding goals from them. They were told that set pieces are only 1 or 2 minutes of a game and that it's not necessary to spend time on them in training that could be spent on ball retention.

Edited by villa89

Possibly the most overrated manager I can remember.

I wavered on that view back when he first took over at Everton, but looks like it was bang on the money.

Even at Wigan, he was praised as this great manager but it was only because he played attractive football. In reality he'd been outperformed by Steve Bruce and Paul Jewell in the same job.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

i think this new money man is obscuring the realisation of what everton are about to become, i think they will do a slower version of us, i think the top 7/8 next season will be incredibly competitive and they wont be anywhere near it

then you throw in selling lukaku, stones and barkley, failure to invest that money well, eventually sack martinez and replace him poorly...

id be worried if i was an everton fan, i dont see them doing anything other than becoming a nothing club in the next 5 years

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Possibly the most overrated manager I can remember.

I took that view back when he first took over at Everton, but looks like it was bang on the money.

Even at Wigan, he was praised as this great manager but it was only because he played attractive football. In reality he'd been outperformed by Steve Bruce and Paul Jewell in the same job.

They never played attractive football though, that is the thing. They never hoofed it but it wasn't attractive...and he has brought the same slow, labouring style of play to Everton. Goalkeeper receives it, defender doesn't want it, **** it defender, you're having it, defender doesn't want to just boot it and doesn't have the technique required to make an angle, so plays a shit square ball to his centre back, that centre back doesn't **** want it so he checks back plays it to goalkeeper, that goalkeeper doesn't **** want it, but it's worth more than his job if he dares to boot it up the pitch, so he switches it to the opposite fullback, by this point the opposition team is pressing high now, that fullback isn't getting a touch on that ball so he immediately plays a sloppy pass infield, that ball is pounced upon, the back four are panicking, they are at 6s and 7s, everyone is shitting themselves, and it's a goal.

It's the beautiful game I tell you.

Wigan are just a small town club, so I wouldn't underestimate what he achieved there, but yes he's under-performing at Everton but I still question whether Barkley and Stones are overrated. If you look at the league who should Everton be ahead of for the quality they have? West Brom yes, Liverpool no,Stoke? west Ham no! They have not got a player of teh quality of Payet.

• Like 1

Stones is vastly overrated. Barkley is alright. He is a solid player for a midtable club. He is capable of having an amazing match once in a while, but too inconsistent at the moment. A lot of their team is just not good enough to be pushing top 6. I mean they are using Robles as their #1 right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Wigan are just a small town club, so I wouldn't underestimate what he achieved there, but yes he's under-performing at Everton but I still question whether Barkley and Stones are overrated. If you look at the league who should Everton be ahead of for the quality they have? West Brom yes, Liverpool no,Stoke? west Ham no! They have not got a player of teh quality of Payet.

Exactly,  their squad isn't that amazing really.  

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Wigan are just a small town club, so I wouldn't underestimate what he achieved there

What did he achieve?

He won the FA Cup, fair play. 
But he got the club relegated. And all his predecessors had kept them in there and performed better than him.

Martinez did very well first season there, they weren't far off top 4.

Been going backwards ever since, last season was on the edge of a relegation battle for most of the season.

Their squad isn't as good as West Ham's but it's on a part with Southampton in 7th and Stoke in 8th imo.

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

And if they go onto win the FA cup? Surely finishing 12th and winning an FA cup is an incredibly good achievement. 

be an achievement on his last Fa Cup win ;)

Martinez is the biggest conman in football, Merse was spot on a few weeks about him. Its not just this season they were woeful in back end of last season as well and people have known for years he has no ability to organise a defence

• Like 1

Well he lost me when he said "How are they not a above Leicester" Its seems too many of these so called experts keep putting Leicesters tplayers down. Merse is a bit of a clown at times.

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Well he lost me when he said "How are they not a above Leicester" Its seems too many of these so called experts keep putting Leicesters tplayers down. Merse is a bit of a clown at times.

Merse point was its massive underachievement, they spent big money for Lukaku, Niesse, McCarthy etc and players like Barkley, Lennon, Deulefeu, Coleman and Stones etc

at start of season if put both squads together and picked you would take mainly Everton players and if honest probably still would now

At the start of the season maybe but honestly is there one Everton player that would improve this Leicester team. Lukaku is a  great player but I'd still rather have Vardy because of his work ethic. Stones cant defend so you'd pick Morgan and Huth over him and Kante and Drinkwater over the Everton midfield. Maybe Coleman!

Â