dudevillaisnice

Skrtel and Sakho are woeful as well, not Villa level yet but they wouldnt be top 10 players for me. Liverpool midfield is too many similar players, Lucas, MIlner, Henderson workmanlike but offer not much else

52 minutes ago, PieFacE said:
Leicester City 32 69
Tottenham Hotspur 32 62
Arsenal 31 58
Manchester City 31 54
Manchester United 31 53
West Ham United 31 51
Southampton 32 47
Stoke City 32 47
Liverpool 30 45
Chelsea 31 44
West Bromwich Albion 31 40
Everton 30 38

That is the top 12 of the Premier League. Now thinking about Everton's squad, who in that list should they be ahead of really? 

West Brom, yep - if they win their game in hand they go above them.

Stoke possibly? 

It's been a poor season for them in terms of not being above those two teams, but it's hardly disastrous is it?  Their squad has no right to be above any of the other teams imo, bar maybe Leicester *trollface*.

Yes that was my point, the squad is nowhere as good as people make out. Martinez did brilliant in his first season The team overperformed and last season they had a great run in the europa league. This season they are a couple of places below where they should be but if they win the FA Cup then all will be forgiven

54 minutes ago, BOF said:

Martinez does not get excused for the fact that he has decided to suck at the same time as everyone else.

Maybe it's not a case of other teams sucking, maybe it's a case of the quality of players / squads is very similar in teams below the top 4-6. Which is where I believe Everton's squad to be. I don't think they are in the top 6 bracket at all.  

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Maybe it's not a case of other teams sucking, maybe it's a case of the quality of players / teams is very similar in teams below the top 4-6. Which is where I believe Everton's squad to be. I don't think they are in the top 6 bracket at all.  

You don't think Chelsea, United, Arsenal or City could have done a whole lot better this season?  Or Everton for that matter?  Honestly?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He's better than Howard. Great performance against Spurs.

Well, for one Howard isn't their number 1 and he's pretty much already left (signed pre-contract with Colorado)

Next flawed argument?

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No way! I can't agree with that. Liverpool have far better players.

they have Coutinho, Firmino, maybe Can and Sturridge who is made of glass

Mignolet, Moreno, Lallana and Lovren are regulars for them and are crap

1 minute ago, BOF said:

You don't think Chelsea, United, Arsenal or City could have done a whole lot better this season?  Or Everton for that matter?  Honestly?

Chelsea and City, but United are where we expected and Arsenal are having a normal season for them.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes that was my point, the squad is nowhere as good as people make out. Martinez did brilliant in his first season The team overperformed and last season they had a great run in the europa league. This season they are a couple of places below where they should be but if they win the FA Cup then all will be forgiven

Tell that to the 70%(!!!!!!) of Everton fans on their largest forum who want him gone.

And many posts that they want him gone even if they win the cup.

From ONE page of that forum.

An f a cup win will bring the fans back easily

It'll temporarily do the trick. But long term? No chance.

Doubt that very much.

Nope...we can't enter next season with him in charge...we need a uniting hire as soon as this season ends IMO. The summer is lost otherwise...and the fall will be even more negative.

Winning the FA Cup will just be sticking a bandage on a gaping wound that requires an experts attention to mend and nurse back to good health. When we're still crap next season the FA cup will be a distant memory.

Not for some. Being 5th two years ago is still the stick used to beat us into accepting a sub standard manager. How many years would be expected to put up with him should we lift a trophy.

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Fans always expect more though. 

Oh come on :lol:

When 70% of your fan base wants you gone, even with the good cup runs and fantastic first season, it says a lot.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:
Leicester City 32 69
Tottenham Hotspur 32 62
Arsenal 31 58
Manchester City 31 54
Manchester United 31 53
West Ham United 31 51
Southampton 32 47
Stoke City 32 47
Liverpool 30 45
Chelsea 31 44
West Bromwich Albion 31 40
Everton 30 38

That is the top 12 of the Premier League. Now thinking about Everton's squad, who in that list should they be ahead of really? 

West Brom, yep - if they win their game in hand they go above them.

Stoke possibly? 

It's been a poor season for them in terms of not being above those two teams, but it's hardly disastrous is it?  Their squad has no right to be above any of the other teams imo, bar maybe Leicester *trollface*.

In my opinion their squad is better than that of West Brom, Stoke and Southampton. Yes Leicester, but yes *trollface*! Possibly Liverpool? But the fact that they are not above all those teams is by the by, more importantly they are cut adrift of them. They're nowhere near competing. It's not good enough for their fans and I think rather than some sense of entitlement, they're right. If they were on 43 points we'd maybe not be having this argument. If they hadn't capitulated in these games, time after time, the argument would be moot. 

On the pitch rather than in the table the evidence against him is clear as day. They've gone backwards despite the squad improving. He cannot organise them to save his life, he's a one trick pony. A poor man's Kevin Keegan. 

I wouldn't want him at The Villa let's put it that way. 

Just now, BOF said:

I think Everton have under-performed this year, sure, I said that earlier. My point was, it's not exactly a disastrous season for them to be behind the teams they are. Their squad is hardly amazing. It doesn't mean Martinez is a shit manager because they're 12th does it when you consider the other teams ahead of them?

They've won 4 games at home all season.

Their fans are pissed off and damn right. As Dave said, their squad is improving but their performances are getting worse.

Just now, PieFacE said:

it's not exactly a disastrous season for them to be behind the teams they are

I did suspect that my point wouldn't be taken as it was intended :(

• Like 1

Â