dudevillaisnice

If he goes back to Chelsea who aren't gonna be in the champions league that would be a kick in the teeth for Everton. When players make the CL comment they really should add in the word "potential"!

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He would cost about 60million which some teams wont be able to afford and could go up if has a good Euros unless he has a clause in contract

Yep, no chance a team like Arsenal would drop that on Lukaku, Wenger would get too nervous about spending that much. 

Aubameyang would be a better pick up for Arsenal imo, Wenger prefers his front men to link up with the midfield and be mobile.

If I had 40-50m to spend on attacking players this summer I'd go for either Aubameyang or Antoine Greizmann who I think has a 40m buyout clause in his deal at Atletico.

Think both would be fantastic in this league and neither quite has elite status on the world football stage just yet.

Maybe Lukaku has a buyout clause we dont know about. I have warmed to Griezmann. i think without him Atletico would be nowhere this season. I think under a more attacking manager he might be dynamite. 

Edited by PaulC

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Everton could be going down the path we did. They won't have european football next season, and their players might be leaving. 

Can't see it myself. They've got an owner who knows what he's doing and a good manager (imo). 

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see it myself. They've got an owner who knows what he's doing and a good manager (imo). 

What to do if they want to leave though? Lukaku won't want to be playing mid table football for all his career, they won't keep on reaching 40-50m bids for Stones forever, eventually he'll want to move on.

They should keep Barkley for a while longer given he's a local kid, probably better for him to stay there aswell as he's playing every week.

Interesting when watching the Alex Ferguson interview he mentioned several young English midfield players, in particular Alli as the best English midfield player simce Gazza, but no mention of Ross Barkley. 

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Interesting when watching the Alex Ferguson interview he mentioned several young English midfield players, in particular Alli as the best English midfield player simce Gazza, but no mention of Ross Barkley.

The great thing about Alli is that he has played in the lower leagues 'for real', not on loan from a big club. I think means he gives an extra percent or 2 in training and in games to ensure he stays at the top.

Other young 'next big thing' players like Sinclair, Johnson, Walcott, Ox, Barkley etc don't have that desire or drive to keep working hard on their game having never played at a lower level.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

The great thing about Alli is that he has played in the lower leagues 'for real', not on loan from a big club. I think means he gives an extra percent or 2 in training and in games to ensure he stays at the top.

Other young 'next big thing' players like Sinclair, Johnson, Walcott, Ox, Barkley etc don't have that desire or drive to keep working hard on their game having never played at a lower level.

Oxlade was playing League 1 for Southampton.

...and for what it is worth don't think Barkley or Ox deserve to be in that bracket. They seem very level headed guys who have worked hard. Barkley from a double leg break and Ox from numerous injuries. I feel sorry for him as his career and potential is drifting away.

Edited by rodders0223

On 3/29/2016 at 17:41, PieFacE said:

Martinez is horrific. The squad he has and they're 12th?

The Everton fans mostly agree too. The poll on their main site; 70%+ of them want him gone and reading the posts, most of them hate him.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Â