dudevillaisnice

I dunno have similar stats for goals and assists this season but Lukaku has more long term upside though. Vardy might a fast start to season but with teams playing deeper he isnt as dangerous

Yes I agree long-term but even though Vardy hasn't been scoring he's still playing really well. He laid on a sitter for Simpson yesterday. I think he works so much harder than Lukaku which is why on current form I would pick him ahead of Lukaku. Anyway its a close run thing! But still think Merse saying how many of those Leicester players would make the Everton team is being disingenuous to them. Yes Everton are underachieving but it doesn't have to say stuff like that to prove his point.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

anyone think martinez might get sacked? if he does I wouldnt mind him at Villa he has excellent experience of both leagues

No thanks

Had the cheek to turn us down before and he's still shite.

Edited by StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

anyone think martinez might get sacked? if he does I wouldnt mind him at Villa he has excellent experience of both leagues

GIF-confused-dafuq-facepalm-incredulous-

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Why?

The one thing I give him credit for is Wigan's FA Cup win.  That was massive, and hats off to him for that.  He has basically talked himself into the Everton job because he comes across well and is articulate and likeable.  But he has massively underperformed with that Everton squad and as others have said, he doesn't match up well at Wigan against those who went before him either.  So he has had one career competition in an otherwise sea of shit.  No thank you.  I'd much rather one of the (m)any other possibilities who have done more than 1 good thing in their career that didn't rely on cup luck.

Leicester City 32 69
Tottenham Hotspur 32 62
Arsenal 31 58
Manchester City 31 54
Manchester United 31 53
West Ham United 31 51
Southampton 32 47
Stoke City 32 47
Liverpool 30 45
Chelsea 31 44
West Bromwich Albion 31 40
Everton 30 38

That is the top 12 of the Premier League. Now thinking about Everton's squad, who in that list should they be ahead of really? 

West Brom, yep - if they win their game in hand they go above them.

Stoke possibly? 

It's been a poor season for them in terms of not being above those two teams, but it's hardly disastrous is it?  Their squad has no right to be above any of the other teams imo, bar maybe Leicester *trollface*.

If Everton's squad played to their full capabilities in this season where most of the sides above them have managed to drop a bollock or two, then they should be ahead of Chelsea, West Brom, Liverpool, Stoke, Southampton, Man Utd and possibly City.   Again, I emphasise, this is in the context of this season where those sides have massively left the door open for someone who doesn't suck.  Martinez does not get excused for the fact that he has decided to suck at the same time as everyone else.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

If Everton's squad played to their full capabilities in this season where most of the sides above them have managed to drop a bollock or two, then they should be ahead of Chelsea, West Brom, Liverpool, Stoke, Southampton, Man Utd and possibly City.   Again, I emphasise, this is in the context of this season where those sides have massively left the door open for someone who doesn't suck.  Martinez does not get excused for the fact that he has decided to suck at the same time as everyone else.

Exactly this.

They have a top 6 squad IMO.

29 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would say on paper Everton have a better squad than Liverpool

That is a interesting point as I dont think they do. I think Liverpool have more options in midfield and definitely up front. better keeper and rb

Â