dudevillaisnice

5 hours ago, useless said:

If I've worked it out right, they've taken thirty-five points from thirty games since his appointment, and they took thirty-two points from thirty games before his appointment. Have to admit I thought the improvement was more significant than that.

They really struggle to win games at Goodison under him. Last season they won the critical Bournemouth game on the last day but before that their last home win was early March. This season already lost to Fulham, Wolves and Luton and couldn't hold on v out of form Brighton with five minutes left. They've only scored more than once at home under him in one game and he's been in charge for about 15 games I think.

They've massively improved away though considering how bad they were for months under Benitez and Lampard so he deserves credit for building resilience there.

As I've said before they're like us under Lambert now. We tended to pick up better away results under him for periods in season and also go months without winning at VP. 2014 so only two more seasons to go before they finally get relegated!

Just now, Mantis said:

They'll still stay up.

Hrmmm - maybe.  But this will take them to 4 points with a run of:

Man Utd (H), Forest (A), Newcastle (H), Chelsea (H), Burnley (A), Spurs (A), Man City (H), Wolves (A), Villa (H)

If they don't get some points there (and it's actually feasible they get 0 - though very unlikely) , I imagine confidence will hit rock bottom.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They'll easily stay up

I’m not sure about easily. They’ve been shit for a long time albeit they’ve had a good little run in recent weeks. They’ll be bottom of the league 5 points from safety. 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hrmmm - maybe.  But this will take them to 4 points with a run of:

Man Utd (H), Forest (A), Newcastle (H), Chelsea (H), Burnley (A), Spurs (A), Man City (H), Wolves (A), Villa (H)

If they don't get some points there (and it's actually feasible they get 0 - though very unlikely) , I imagine confidence will hit rock bottom.

The bottom 4 are that bad though.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if 30 points was enough to keep you up this season, and they would've probably ended up getting 42-45 before the deduction.

Feels like they've just plucked this points deduction from thin air.

It's basically the same punishment as Everton going into administration. So way I read it Everton manipulated FFP accounts from covid to avoid going into administration (given they've needed cashflow help at times in last 12 months) and so prem have come up with 10 points.

Will surely go down to 4-5 points on appeal.

And if they're getting done with 10 points I look forward to Man. City receiving their 10 000 point deduction in a few years time.....🤔

2 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Think they will survive as there is some right dross in the bottom half this season 

Agree, they have timed it right to receive their penalty. Last season and they would have been doomed, but this season the other teams are partcularly poor and Everton are picking up enough results under Dyche as well, so I think they will still be fine this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

The bottom 4 are that bad though.

Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if 30 points was enough to keep you up this season, and they would've probably ended up getting 42-45 before the deduction.

This is Everton's home run up to middle of February:

Man. United

Chelsea

Newcastle

Man. City

Us

Spurs

Can see them turning over Man. United but they'll struggle to win many of the other home games imo. Think they took 1 point from that batch of games last season.

Have to say Sheffield United need to be relegated at new year if they can't galvanise themselves now. They have Bournemouth and Luton at home and Burnley away up to Boxing day so they have a big chance to get some wins and start building a lead over Everton. And obviously Bournemouth and Luton aswell.

Â